Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still seeing ads in Premium!!??

Solved!

Still seeing ads in Premium!!??

I've just renewed my Premium subscription after not having it for a month, and I'm still noticing ADS being disgustingly displayed on my Spotify. I don't get any music ads in between songs and I don't mind the occasional notification telling me about a bands songs, but this atrocious banner ad I see at the bottom of my screen is really making my eyes bleed.

As a college student I don't have much money to spend every month. Spending $10 continuously is most definitely a sacrifice for me, but I'm willing to make it because I sincerely enjoy Spotify and it's available music database. However, I don't feel that my $10 is justified if I'm still seeing garbage banner ads at the bottom of my screen. 

It could be user error (me not finding the right setting to turn off, and I have searched other threads relating to this issue) but if I'm already paying for premium shouldn't it just take away all the ads automatically? Or do I have to still glare at banner ads that clutter my spotify screen, and that make the program unimpressive to use? 

Any input is greatly appreciated, please advise.

Cheers all,

Spotify user.

Spotify Premium Ads.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem!

When I logged in after completely closing the program, the problem was solved. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I'm sorry to hear that. It should have taken them away automatically. Try signing out then signing back in. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Spotify.

P.S.

I'm impressed by the question mark you drew.

Ha! Thanks 🙂 I'll try signing out, and re-installing if that doesn't work. Thanks for the tips, I'll update you of the results.

Hey @VarrickWeir

Just to follow up, how did you get on with this?

Try reinstalling the app. Also try logging out and then back in.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had a sneaking suspicion that it is because of the student membership, which I have, and I also am getting infuriating banner ads at the bottom of my screen. But if you're saying that you pay the full membership price, then maybe the ads just don't go away. 

Marked as solution

I had the same problem!

When I logged in after completely closing the program, the problem was solved. 

Just had this issue myself, thanks to this thread, logging out and back in removed the banner ads! Thanks a lot! ❤️

Have tried everything still showing free instead of premium so getting adverts

What computer is that XD

Suggested posts