Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stolen Premium Account

Stolen Premium Account

I had my premium account stolen a few days ago (email also changed), and have been emailing back and forth with Spotify support in order to retrieve the account back, but it's already been four days since the initial contact and I don't have the account back yet.  Turnaround time with emails is over a day, which is really unacceptable considering this is an issue involving account theft that has my credit card attached to it.

Do I just need to cancel / block my credit card?  You only store the last four digits of the card, and the expiration date, correct?

Thanks

3 Replies

Something simmilar has happened to me. I can stil loging through Facebook, but my password no longer works and the email has been changed to one I don't know. I can't see a way of changing my my email without a password, and I can't change it to something I know without having a proper email attached. I'm stuck in this loop and I'm getting fustrated. I want to renew my premium before Spotify comes to PS4, and this is stopping me from doing so.

Ah man. Yeah, I was logging in using Facebook, so you can imagine my surprise when I wasn't able to log in using Facebook anymore. Not like I could've typed in the wrong password or anything.

How long ago did it happen to you?

I can't believe it's taking so long for them to resolve this, and I really would rather not cancel my CC# due to account theft.

@Ejsponge61 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you. Make sure to enter all of the account details

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts