Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Error

Student Discount Error

I am currently enrolled in a higher education university in the U.S. and have been receiving the discounted membership subscription of $4.99/month until this past month when I was charged $9.99.

Is it necessary for me to revalidate my status as a student in order to receive the discount again? Also is a reimbursement possible?

1 Reply

Hi there!

You can definitely have your status re-evaluated, but, unfortunately, there likely won't be a refund available as the terms explain you have to reconfirm your status periodically. 

Heres the fine print:

This offer (the "Student Discount Offer") is made available by Spotify (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) to students at a U.S. Title IV accredited institution located in the United States who meet additional qualifications described below (“Qualifying Student”). Qualifying Students are entitled to receive a discount of fifty (50) percent on the monthly subscription price of the Spotify Premium Service (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) for each month (the “Discounted Month”) up to a period of twelve (12) consecutive months ("Discount Period").

And this - You are entitled to activate up to three (3) additional Discount Periods for yourself by re-submitting your information on the Student Discount Offer sign-up page so long as you are a Qualifying Student.

Here's a link to the info on it - Terms and Conditions

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts