Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Link Not Working

Solved!

Student Discount Link Not Working

Here's what happens: I go to the student discount page (https://www.spotify.com/us/student/) Click on the link, and sign in with Facebook. I am then immediately bumped to my account page with no option for the discount, or to verify my status as a student.

Not much more to it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed @user-removed @Mo441 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

77 Replies

Sorry for the trouble! There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

The Student Dsicount Page is not working for me either.  It directs me to my account page.  It does not give me an option anywhere to sign up as a student.

-Elsa

@elsaegallardo 

Sorry for the trouble! There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same issue here. I've emailed support and they were no help. They acted like I was doing something wrong. I've seen countless other posts about this, and no solutions.

@jtw_111 

Do you have an 8-digit case number from support?

Post it here and I can get this looked into for you. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda

Yes, my case number is 02516152. The person who responded wasn't rude or anything, I think maybe they just didn't understand my issue.

@jtw_111 

Alright, thanks for the case number.

I have forwarded it over to someone at Spotify who can look into this for you. Hopefully you'll get a reply tomorrow. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

This is so annoying. I am having the same issue.

I have the same issue with the student discount from the German Unidays website. I am registered there but the website tells me:

"Wie es aussieht, kannst du das reduzierte Produkt, das du kaufen möchtest, nicht erhalten. Du kannst dein Konto trotzdem gerne jederzeit auf Premium umstellen."

(I am not able to purchase this discounted product, but I am free to switch to Spotify premium.)

What can I do?

@Maria_lovera 

MattSudaSpotify Star

@sebastian8785 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Matt,

I'm having the same issue. I emailed support as you suggested, but they just sent me a generic "try another browser" email and I suspect that they might not understand the issue. Is there any way you can look into it? My case # is 02521145.

Thanks!

@MonjoJonjo 

Sorry to hear they couldn't help.

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact on Wednesday. Hopefully someone else will be able to help this time.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm having the same issue. Can you please help me out?

@Sam_likes_music 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @MonjoJonjo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can see our support team is already on the case.

If you have any question, just reply back to the email and they'll be able to help out.

Thanks!

I also cannot change my account to student.  my case number is 02540293

@KyleKend 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact by Monday.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I've heard back from support and all they did was give me the same instructions that are already on the site.  They do not seem to get that the option to list our schools is not on there.  Why can't they just ask me and set me up? I feel like i am just messaging a machine. 

Suggested posts