Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount SOLUTION

Solved!

Student discount SOLUTION

I spent many frustrating hours trying to purchase premium with the US student discount, and I finally figured out how to do it, despite the Spotify support staff never ever getting back to me.<br><br>My problem was as follows- after verifying my college and payment information, I would click the confirm purchase button, and it would always either bring me right back to the confirm college page, or the screen that says, "Oh no, something went wrong..." I tried everything from using different browsers, verifying every single piece of my account information, trying different devices, etc. I noticed later that under my profile page on the Spotify website, it said that my card was being declined by my bank for some unknown reason. I made sure all the information was correct, and even called my bank. My bank told me they approved every purchase attempt, so it had to be something on Spotify's end. Later, for whatever reason, I decided to type in my credit card number with spaces between the groups of four numbers i.e. 1234 5678 9012 3456. And viola- that was what I had to do. This may not be the solution for everyone, but it worked for me.<br><br>Spotify- what the hell? Every single time I've purchased something online, I've never been told to put spaces in between numbers like that. In fact, they usually give explicit instructions telling you to do the opposite. This is far from intuitive. Maybe my case was some sort of anomaly, which would be fine, except you guys DON'T HAVE ANY PHONE SUPPORT. It is insulting to your customers, especially considering how large and lucrative your business must be, to not allow them to talk to a human for help.&nbsp;<br><br>tl;dr- try putting spaces between your credit card numbers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@bnjmnkl 

Sorry for the trouble! There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @Jakesuggs, welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your experience with obtaining the student discount and customer service. I'll definitely esclate your post so they can look into what went wrong both on the server side and in the customer service. 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hey.

Sorry to hear you had trouble with this. We'll send this on so it can get looked into.

We want to make sure everyone gets help, but I'm afraid I can't find any emails from your registered email address. Are there any others you use? Please private message me and I'll see why you didn't get a response.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

I tried this and it didn't work for me :'( I just want a dang phone number to call!!! I've been trying to get premium for a week!!!

Yeah. having similar problems. When I try to sign up for the student discount I will get to the confirm page and it will send me back to the verification page. I did just try putting spaces between my credit card numbers but that didn't seem to help. 

Spotify step up your game with the customer support. Like really! Go have your tech guys figure why the heck this isn't working! 

It would be appreciated by a large community of frustrated clients.

Marked as solution

@bnjmnkl 

Sorry for the trouble! There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts