Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription length

Subscription length

Is it possible to pay for an entire year in advance instead of each month?

18 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

That is very possible!

Have a read at this FAQ.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your response.  I may just be dense here and missing something obvious, but when I go to the subscriptions page, I don't have an option to change the subscription length.  I see my "Subscription Status," "Payment Method", "Premium Codes", "View Receipts", and "Cancel Your Subscription".  There isn't a link after "Subscription Status" to allow me to change my subscription length (pasted below).  "Payment Method" only allows me to update my payment method -- in this case paypal. I updated my payment details and wasn't given an option to change my length.   Thoughts?  

==============

Subscription status

You have an active Spotify Premium subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged $9.99 on 2013-01-22 unless you cancel your recurring payment.

Interesting.... I was also trying to troubleshoot what appears to be the same issue on this topic a few days ago. 

I'm still waiting to hear back from the community staff, but I will add your topic to the escalation so if any news comes they will post here too!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

Anything new about this ?  I'd like to convert my existing monthly premium subscription to annual payments.  I don't have the option neither.  I am in Belgium and I've never had gift cards.

Thanks,

Aurels

Aurels - The option should be on your subscription page here, but it hasn't been for a couple of days due to some maintenance. If you check back in a few days, it should be back.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

OK... Let's hope it'll be back before my renewal day which is soon.

Hi

I usually pay for my premium account 1 year at a time. How can I continue doing that. Now the automatic is switched to payment every month.

This **bleep** is retarded. Since I changed my bank (and of course including all the cards) my subscription had to be renewed. Before, everything went smoothly and the monthly fee was automatically taken from my account using a Visa Electron.

However, this isn't that easy with the new bank's cards (whatever the reason) so I though I'd simply use a normal Visa card. That worked, and the result was me getting a Visa invoice every month, which is kinda a pain in the ass. So then I thought I'd switch to the annual payment that I've earlier seen being available. Now however, this option isn't available (for me either). Even canceling and re-subscribing doesn't work, since you renew your old (monthly) subscription.

By the way, a payment interval of 3 and/or 6 months would also be nice.

It's still not available.

Hey guys,

Sadly we haven't got any updates on this at the moment. As far as I'm aware, it was taken down for a little way as there was something a little broken about the payment flow when getting a year subscription. It's been remedied, but just need to set it up back on the website again. We'll try let you know when it's back, or if something else happens.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Guys, should be back now.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

It still isnt..

You'll need to subscribe to a Premium subscription first. Once you do, and you go to www.spotify.com/account/subscription/ you should see this...

Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 21.26.18.png

As you can see, it's on the right hand side.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi there,

is it also possible to make an premium advance pay for lets say 5 years ? i want pay this stuff one time and then it should be quiet for a long time ! 5 years is a good time for paying in advance !

thanks

Cheib

@cheib wrote:

Hi there,

is it also possible to make an premium advance pay for lets say 5 years ? i want pay this stuff one time and then it should be quiet for a long time ! 5 years is a good time for paying in advance !

thanks

Cheib

You can only have a monthly or annual setting, sorry!

Liam

I recently switched from Premium to Unlimited as I mainly only use Spotify on my laptop. I also want to pay the subscription for 1 year but the option does not appear in under /account/subscription/. Is there something wrong or is it not possible to pay Unlimited subscription for 1 year in advance?

Regards.

lenartr - Only a Premium account is available annually, I'm afraid.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I see. Thank you for clarifying this for me. It'd be nice if you include this info on your pricing pages. I also think you shouldn't hide this info in the account overview (or subscription) page but rather just let users know wheather or not they can decide to pay monthly or annually; and for those who can't provide an explanation and upgrade account link.

Suggested posts