Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly can't login to account - can't reset password either! Help!

Suddenly can't login to account - can't reset password either! Help!

Hi,

FYI - I created this account only to solve this issue. I've used my "work-email" and a new username to post this.

Premium user since loooong - I've basically been in the Spotify game since closed beta way back in the day, before Facebook integration and the whole shebang.

Thus, I don't have Facebook connected to Spotify, and I don't want to connect it either. End of story.

My REAL username is lolboll

Last night when I got home and fired up Spotify to listen to some sweet tunes, I simply couldn't log in.

It said something along "A firewall might block yadadada", you know the deal.

So I made sure all such nonsense was disabled, and tried again - but no good.

I tried resetting my password, but entering my username and hitting submit does nothing. It does to "A new xx has been sent to your email" whatever, but I'm not getting any emails...! Nothing in the spam filter either.

I tried this morning at work as well, on a laptop (desktop above) but still doesn't work. Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/etEqacW.png

You might tell me: Have you tried changing the password? Of course. I got no emails, and simply doesn't work.

Please help me resolve this. I can't use YouTube to listen to music, it's awful. I need my Spotify ❤️

7 Replies

Make sure you are checking the correct email account that is linked to your Spotify account. Search your email to see if you have any other emails from Spotify.

Are you sure you are checking the correct email account for the password email?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I am checking the correct account, and no, there no emails from Spotify related to this issue.

However, when I try to reset my password with my email adress instead of my username, it says

"Det verkar som du loggar in till Spotify med dina inloggningsuppgifter för Facebook. Om du vill ändra ditt Facebook-lösenord går du till sidan med dina inställningar påfacebook.com."

Which is: 

"It seems like you are logging into Spotify with your credentials for Facebook. If you want to change your Facebook-password, go to the settins page at facebook.com"

Which can't be right, because I never registered with Facebook in the first place

Edit: And now I've changed my Facebook password and tried logging in again, and it still says it's the wrong password

When you go to the password reset page are you entering your email address or your Spotify username? Please try both and see if you get that email address. 

Also, have you tried logging into the website? Is it just the apps that are giving you trouble?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have done and tried all three of the things, and none work!

Hey @plolock please get in touch via the contact form and we'll confirm more details to get you a password reset thanks!

Yep, here's my real account! 

I got a great personal contact via email and it was resolved quite quickly!

Apparently, it was hacked by someone. I felt real abused by the way he/she had added and changed some of my playlists... *shudder*

Thanks for you help!

Suggested posts