Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to get Spotify student discount, but it won't let me pay.

Trying to get Spotify student discount, but it won't let me pay.

I've been trying to get the student discount for premium. I've already validated that I am a student at a university. But every time I put in my payment information, it gives me the error:  Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method. I know that my card is working because I've been using it to purchase other things online. It's just not working with Spotify.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

10 Replies

Hey there @tracenator03, welcome to the community!

Before I escalate your case, are you currently on Spotify Premium right now? If you are, you need to wait until your account reverts back to Free until you can apply the discount to your account.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

No I am currently a free member right now.

I have the same problem. I've tried everything they have recommended. The Spotify NUS process is broken.

Hey @tracenator03 and @dneild, sorry for the late reply!

Are you guys still having this issue? I'll escalate this to the team right now to check in with you guys!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Yeah I'm stil having the problem but I got a free month trial from the phone app for now. When I try to pay on the site for the student discount it still won't accept my card though. Thanks for listening! And yes, I tried my card again before I started my free month trial.

I am also having that problem!

I was given a free month and asked to try again after that. My free month expired today and I attempted to sign up with my NUS student discount expecting it to fail but it didn't!!!

1) I visited https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/

2) I selected get premium with NUS Extra

3) I entered my credit card details - and it accepetd them (this was a probelm with multiple cards last month even though they were fine)

4) I entered my NUS number and date of birth

5) it worked!!!!!

Hooray!

I'm still having problems. It's been a week now i've been trying (yes i have a free account currently)

Suggested posts