Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Turn off email notifications

Solved!

Turn off email notifications

Hi,

I subscribe to a playlist, but I'd rather not get email notiifications when they update it.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

icrlp05

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!

If you log in from www.spotify.com and go to account profile settings
you can toggle what information you want to get in e-mail.

https://www.spotify.com/fi/account/profile/

Hopefully this helps.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

For facebook users go to:

https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

go to the Spotify app and see there:

Notifications: When to notify you? 

By default it's set to The app sends you a notification so change it to Never

Marked as solution

It worked for me eventually. Just have to keep trying, give it a few hours. For some reason it's super glitchy.

Marked as solution

Hi RobertdeBruin - Do you use a different email for Facebook?

Try signing into your profile page using your FB email and password. If you're successful you've got a second account. Just go ahead and edit those email settings. 

54 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi!

If you log in from www.spotify.com and go to account profile settings
you can toggle what information you want to get in e-mail.

https://www.spotify.com/fi/account/profile/

Hopefully this helps.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Thanks. I just found this after posting. I was looking for how to do it on the desktop version which is why I didn't find it straight away.

Thanks and regards,

icrlp05

Step two: But how do I turn off the notifications for shared playlists (or whatelse there might be) within the programme? I dont want the red symbol on neither the spotify icon or in the top right corner in the spotify window.

I've done all that but I still get notifications. What then?

I have the same problem. Unchecked everything on the setting page and set all the E-mail settings to "never". But still get these annoying e-mails all the time.

Judis - There isn't a way to stop these notifications at present. Your feedback has been noted, however.

Henning_p & Kenjifra - Looks like you both had 2 accounts here. Don't worry, I've just deleted your duplicate ones (you've never used them), so you shouldn't get any more emails.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you so much!

All the best!

/Henning

O'right! Just I dont understand why I have two (identical?) accounts? I can only remember create one. But it was a long time ago.

Thank you Sam! Please create that function soon and make it easy to turn off so that I can keep subscribing to the collaborative playlists 🙂 

Hi!

I have same kind of problem with mail notifications like persons above. Is it possible that I have also some duplicate account?

I have the same issue where I've disabled all of the options, but I'm still receiving email notifications when friends add songs to playlists.  Is it possible I have 2 accounts as well?

Mahalo,

Frank

Maestor & LeTanc - You both had a second account, yes. Don't worry, I've just deleted them. No more emails for you guys.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello,

I have the same problem. Probably duplicate account also because I've seen weird errors sometimes when tried to update my profile. Anyway I disabled email notifications and I'm still receiving notification emails.

Regards,

Joonas

Joonask - You had one, yes. I've just deleted it, so you shouldn't have any more trouble.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm having the same problem. All notifications turned off, but still getting emails about playlist changes.

Byggver - You had a second account - I've now deleted this, and now you should be email free.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi, I'm also getting email notifications even though I've requested not to receive them.

I'm having the same problem. All notifications turned off, but still getting emails about playlist changes.

The majority of you experiencing this issue have unknowingly made a new account via Facebook. 

However this can be fixed in a matter of seconds. Please just follow the steps below to fix this on your own account:

1. Log in with your Spotify username and password. Do not use your email address. 

2. Then just link your account to Facebook to get rid of the extra one. Just go to  Preferences > Social Network (Preferences is found under the File menu on Windows, and under Spotify on Mac)

You can disconnect from Facebook after that, if you wish.

3. Always log in with this Spotify username to avoid future confusion. 

4. "I have a subscription but I don't see it when I log in with my Spotify username. What's going on?"

This means you've upgraded that extra Facebook account instead. Head to the contact form so we can help. 

Suggested posts