Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two Spotify Accounts - Can you merge them

Solved!

Two Spotify Accounts - Can you merge them

Hello,

So I had one free account linked from my Facebook page. I hated that it kept sharing all the music I was listening to on my Facebook page so I removed that setting. Once I did that, Spotify seemed to create another acount for me that was not connected to Facebook. This is where I created multiple playlists. 

Now I have two accounts and I would love them to be merged. Can someone help me with that?

Thanks!

66 Replies

I tried that and it doesn't work!

@noisyintrovert 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Like somebody above posted, I also had a Facebook spotify account and a separate spotify-exclusive account with Premium. I think I successfully merged the two (went on the latter account, used the Connect to Facebook feature), but when I try and search for my Facebook name on spotify nothing comes up. I guess this is normal but is there any way for my facebook friends to find me? I can only find my account by searching for my spotify-exclusive username. Further, I can still find my Facebook account and even follow it, even though I've connected it to my premium account. Plus, when I go onto my profile it comes up with my username and the Avatar is still blank even though I'm FB-connected.

My prenium account was linked with my Facebook, but Ive decided to deactivate my Facebook. Is there a way to merge that premium account with my free spotify account so I don't lose all my playlists? As well as keep my premium membership? Or is it all gone unless I reactivate my FB?? 😞 

Hello,

I have the same problem. A couple of years ago I made a Spotify account using my facebook email address (118292730) and have never used it, no playlists etc. but a lot of followers.

I now made a new account with a subscription, a lot of playlist,  but no followers (mickelv).

Can I add my facebook account to my account with the subscription, keeping all the followers of my facebook account and deleting the first (118292730) account

Thanks

Hey after I merge a regular spotify account with a facebook account is there a way to display my facebook name instead of my spotify account name? Thanks!

Hello, i have a similar question, I have been using spotify as a facebook user. But recently ive used CD Baby to submit my music to spotify and created an Artist Account, Can i merge my facebook acount with it so my account is the "Rikk Rollins" one and only that one ?

My facebook user account is "Rikk Desrochers" but my Artist name is "Rikk Rollins

@desrrich

Yes, it should be possible.

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from a no-reply address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Awesome, thank you so much for your quick reply!

Getting an erro that says this:

Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later.

i get error message when i try to connect to facebook via my non facebook account. help

@sarahleah1

What does the error say?

osorniosSpotify Star

Please help! I'm having the same problem and getting this error message when I try to do your solution!

"Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."

I have an old account connected to Facebook and a new account that's part of a family plan that I want to connect my Facebook to!

@dsander

You can't have them both linked to your Facebook.

You need to login to Spotify Desktop with the old account and unlink Facebook from within the app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook).

Then you'll be able to connect the new account to Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi!

I also have this problem. I have a spotify facebook (created in Portugal) account and a spotify non-facebook (created in the UK with a UK card) account which has the premium subscription but when I try to login into my premium account both in my iphone and desktop it logs in into my spotify facebook account which is non-premium.

I find this really weird since both accounts have different emails… and my premium account is not connected with facebook. Is this because I moved to Portugal again and I can’t access my UK account?

Hey @vrvinhas,

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use that username to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

I am trying to do the same thing and I can't get my username account(premium) to connect to my free Facebook account. I've tried the troubleshooting listed. It doesn't seem to work. I keep getting an error message.

Hey @Dpcrabdree,

If you're trying to merge two Spotify accounts, one with a username and other created through Facebook, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to your username account.

osorniosSpotify Star

Try logging out of Facebook before you link the account.

Suggested posts