Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two Spotify Accounts - Can you merge them

Solved!

Two Spotify Accounts - Can you merge them

Hello,

So I had one free account linked from my Facebook page. I hated that it kept sharing all the music I was listening to on my Facebook page so I removed that setting. Once I did that, Spotify seemed to create another acount for me that was not connected to Facebook. This is where I created multiple playlists. 

Now I have two accounts and I would love them to be merged. Can someone help me with that?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If your Spotify account is connected with your Facebook profile, you can follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer in order to disconnect it. 

Once you've done that, you can follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer in order to close any other accounts you have with us and avoid confusion. 

If you want any music transferred before deleting your account, there is a helpful Spotify Answer on how to do so.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout by starting a new thread in the related Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

66 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be able to do this by yourself. 

Be sure you are logged into your Spotify (non-Facebook) account, then go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Connect To Facebook and log in with your Facebook details. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I have a similar problem. I created an account at work, and then a personal one for home. I would now like to merge the 2 accounts, and have just thw 1. Is there anyway this can be done?

I have this problem too!  I supposedly merged my free, FB-associated account and my premium, non-FB-associated account from my desktop client, but i can still see my free FB-associated account floating around (because I have friends who are following it).  How can I delete it?  I've logged into it on spotify web and gone into the account pages, but I'm not given an option to deactivate the account. 

@suedehead0 - Can you try going to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network in the desktop client whilst logged in using your Spotify username and try and disconnect and reconnect to Facebook? 

It should definitely merge those accounts for you. 

If not - get in touch with support and they can do it for you 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter - I did try that, but I think because the email addresses are different, they won't merge.  I've contact support -- hoping they can just go in and nix that other account. 🙂

Thanks again for your help!

I've got two Facebook connected accounts, one with my old FB profile and the other with the new facebook profile.

How can i migrate my old account data to my new account?  

the new account is premium, the old one is now a free account. 

Get in touch using the link I posted above and an adviser will be able to lend a hand to do that for you.

Peter

I've tried all of these tips and then some, and tried contacting Spotify support twice and have had no luck. Anyone have any steps/advice that I may be missing here? I've even changed my Facebook password and used the new one to log in to Spotify with and without Facebook credentials but nothing is working. This is so frustrating! and the fact that Spotify won't answer support tickets is equally frustrating. Any help appreciated!

Is your correct email address showing in your account profile? Have you checked your spam/junk mail folders? They're pretty good normally so this is odd................did you not even receive the automated acknowledgements?

I got the auto-responses but nothing afer that. Everything in my account seems to be in order - my email addy, etc. I just don't know what I'm missing to merge the accounts.

Right. You need to reply to the automated email to make sure your case reaches one of the consultants. If you do so now, you should hear back within 24 hours.

So I had two accounts (one was facebook (i have many followers and playlists there) and the other non-facebook (with 0 followers & playlists). I connected the non-fb one to facebook and now I have two accounts connected to facebook. The problem is, I'd like to keep using the account with the playlists and followers, but I have my premium connected to the other one. I seriously don't know what to do anymore, so could someone help me?

Unfortunately there is no way to move subscriptions or followers between accounts, so you have two choices:
1. Cancel your subscription and set it up (with a 30 day free trial) on your account with your playlists and followers.
2. Get in touch with the customer suport guys using the online contact form and they will be able to copy your playlists onto your "new" premium account. However as mentioned previously, they can't move followers (and you won't be able to edit the playlists). 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

hello,

I signed up for premium(1+2 months for free). In the upgrade proces it made another account. Now I have a Facebook account with playlist and another premium account without playlists. I tried to merge the two accounts but it didnt work. Now I cant acces the Facebook account anymore. Is there any way that I can transfer the playlists to the premium account?

Thanx in advance.

Kris

@kriskrukkert - You will need to get in touch using the online contact form link in my post above and the team can lend a hand to get your accounts set up right! 😉

Just be sure to reply directly to the automated email and someone will be in touch to lend a hand.

Peter

I tried this and it is not working. When I try to change my email to my primary email, it says it is taken (from the other account) and can not be used. 

What exactly trying to do @Stryden and why?

Hey guys,
I have just paid for premium using my fb log on.
However I can't log on at work because fb is blocked there. Any suggestions? I have also opened another account (not linked to fb) can I merge?

Hello: You can go to your account page here https://www.spotify.com/accounts/profile/ and click on the link that says in Green Set A Password for Your Devices. Be sure to write down whatever your device user name is on that page when you click the link to go to set your device password. Click on the big green button that says Send E-Mail To Set Password. You should get a confirmation email and the new password should show up in a few hours. Make sure to keep an eye on your spam email folder and if more than a couple of days pass give a shout out here again.

Yes you can have accounts merged, to do that go here to this url https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact and fill out the contact form. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community boards reply back to that email, even if it is from a noreply and a customer support rep will get with you shortly. A CS team member should be able to merge your accounts however you wish.

Suggested posts