Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to set device password

Unable to set device password

Hi

I upgraded from unlimited to premium so I could get ad- free music on my iPad but it's not letting me set a device password, keeps telling me it can't find an email despite there being an email listed on my account and spotify usually sends me emails all the time.

Please help
Thank you
Rebecca
5 Replies

You should be able to sign into the iPad app with your Facebook email and password or by using the Facebook login button.

Spotify is looking into an issue with device passwords at the moment. For now, the workaround is to head to facebook.com > Settings > Security > App passwords > Generate app passwords, and generate one to use with Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Cheers for that. Unfortunately it didn't work for me :(.

Hey @axcelia what happens when you try to log into your iPad using your FB email and password? Have you tried a clean reinstallation?

Matt, this doesn't work for me either. I am sill awaiting a response from support.

--Colleen

The Facebook generated App Password just doesn't work. I have the same problem. The API spotify <-> Facebooks seems to be seriously broken atm.
You also can't connect a username/password based account to an Facebook Account.

Suggested posts