Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to sign up for Student discount

Solved!

Unable to sign up for Student discount

Hi everyone,

my account is in premium status since i am a member of spotify. Now i found the information about getting a lower price caused by the fact that i'm a student. I canceled my premium subscription and registered at unidays.com via the spotify landing page (https://www.spotify.com/de/student). After that i verified my unidays account with the email address of my university.

After getting back to the spotify page i am getting the error that i am not allowed to buy the price reduced product, but i am able to sign up for normal premium subscription. The original error message is ->  "Wie es aussieht, kannst du das reduzierte Produkt, das du kaufen möchtest, nicht erhalten. Du kannst dein Konto trotzdem gerne jederzeit auf Premium umstellen." ... 

In the unidays account i am registered as a student until 11/2015 and everything looks fine.  Could you please look into my case and fix this? The registration email from unidays is the same i am using with spotify.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

First of all hello and welcome to the community ! 🙂

This isn't a bug at all. It is because you are living in germany. You can only get the student discount if you are studying in America 😉

I hope i have helped you...

edit.. oops.. one moment

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

I've alerted Spotify of the issue.

I see that some of you have got it to submit successfully. If you haven't try again and let me know! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Marked as solution

I had the same problem like the others in Germany.

I contacted support and they say I first have to terminate my Premium and after it has expired, I can sign up for the Student stuff. I will try that but I hope this helps others with the same issue.

47 Replies

Same here

same here

Hey there @watsefaq@Zoker, and @titleist welcome to the community!

I'll bump your cases to Spotify right now, but first :

• What's your Spotify username?
  • What country are you located in?
  • Which provider are you trying to get verified from? (UNiDAYS, nus extra, or sheerID)

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

heinemannp, germany, unidays

Marked as solution

First of all hello and welcome to the community ! 🙂

This isn't a bug at all. It is because you are living in germany. You can only get the student discount if you are studying in America 😉

I hope i have helped you...

edit.. oops.. one moment

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

1124776903, Germany, UNiDAYS

The spotify-webpage says, that there is a discount in germany: https://www.spotify.com/de/student/

I have the same problem here. screeny2, germany, unidays

I dont think so, this is the german lading page:
https://www.spotify.com/de/student/

This is strange, because the german spotify page is promotes it:

https://www.spotify.com/de/student/

Hello, i've the same problem. I registered myself at Unidays today...

Username: 1176779495

Provider: Unidays..

Thanks in advance 

I can remember that i've been looking for this feature like one week ago and i found the solution that it's not avaible for germany... This is kinda strange..

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

i just tried again ( https://www.spotify.com/de/student/ ) and it went through 🙂

Hi, same problem here: VeraCologne, Germany, Unidays. Same error message. My student account apparenty got verified, but the last step didn't work, same error message as in the initial post. 

I too have a normal Premium subscription right now.

edit: Just tried clicking the link again and now I get to a checkout page. But there's no indication whether I'm actually getting a discount or adding a new subscription onto my account. That would be bad 😄

same here, now it worked for me \o/

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

I've alerted Spotify of the issue.

I see that some of you have got it to submit successfully. If you haven't try again and let me know! 🙂

Yep, seems fixed. Working now for me, too 🙂

It's working now. The wording on the checkout page is just a bit weird. I was a bit worried I'd have 2 subscriptions now 🙂

@VeraCologne wrote:

Hi, same problem here: VeraCologne, Germany, Unidays. Same error message. My student account apparenty got verified, but the last step didn't work, same error message as in the initial post. 

I too have a normal Premium subscription right now.

edit: Just tried clicking the link again and now I get to a checkout page. But there's no indication whether I'm actually getting a discount or adding a new subscription onto my account. That would be bad 😄

Hey there @VeraCologne!

Can you provide a screenshot of it?

If you are currently on a subscription, you have to cancel it first then click the checkout link to have the discount successfully applied. 🙂 

Suggested posts