Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to sign up for Student discount

Solved!

Unable to sign up for Student discount

Hi everyone,

my account is in premium status since i am a member of spotify. Now i found the information about getting a lower price caused by the fact that i'm a student. I canceled my premium subscription and registered at unidays.com via the spotify landing page (https://www.spotify.com/de/student). After that i verified my unidays account with the email address of my university.

After getting back to the spotify page i am getting the error that i am not allowed to buy the price reduced product, but i am able to sign up for normal premium subscription. The original error message is ->  "Wie es aussieht, kannst du das reduzierte Produkt, das du kaufen möchtest, nicht erhalten. Du kannst dein Konto trotzdem gerne jederzeit auf Premium umstellen." ... 

In the unidays account i am registered as a student until 11/2015 and everything looks fine.  Could you please look into my case and fix this? The registration email from unidays is the same i am using with spotify.

Thanks in advance!

47 Replies

"Wie es aussieht, kannst du das reduzierte Produkt, das du kaufen möchtest, nicht erhalten. Du kannst dein Konto trotzdem gerne jederzeit auf Premium umstellen."
Username: Quasi-Mode
Provider: Unidays

same problem here

"Wie es aussieht, kannst du das reduzierte Produkt, das du kaufen möchtest, nicht erhalten. Du kannst dein Konto trotzdem gerne jederzeit auf Premium umstellen."

Ich habe ebenfalls das gleiche Problem. Kann dem hier abhilfe geleistet werden? Wurde jemandem hier schon geholfen?

Vielen Dank im voraus

Hi,

I've had the same problem that you guys described.

I also got the message: "Wie es aussieht, kannst du das reduzierte Produkt, das du kaufen möchtest, nicht erhalten. Du kannst dein Konto trotzdem gerne jederzeit auf Premium umstellen."

For a few hours this was extremely frustrating but I found a way, which has worked for me so I wanted to share it quickly.

1. I'm a registered student in germany but I am in france at the moment and my spotify account has also changed to france by default ... so being abroard might be also be a 'problem' for some of you here?!

2. I used the VPN client from my university and then logged on to spotify. There I changed the country back to Germany.

3. Then (still using the VPN from my uni), I logged into myunidays and clicked on the link, then I got transfered to spotify and the student subscription worked without problems.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Beatrice

Same problem here and I pay the suscription thinking I would get the discount afterwards. Is there anyway I get my 10 euros back if the problem is not solved?

Account: isarasuac

Unidays

University: Technische Universität München

Thank you!

I signed up for the student addition. It debited the amount out of my checking account and placed me on a free trial. I have emailed Spotify of this and have not had any resposne from them. My questions are this...

1.) Am I paying for a subscription or NOT? (it says I'm on the free one)

2.) Do I RE upgrade and see if that works? I don't want to be double charged

3.) What is the cause for this issue? I originally signed up and did the upgrade - I didn't complete the transaction (so I thought) as I got pulled away from my desk. I did get to the point where I added my payment information. So.....I assumed the screen timed out. Instead it charged my account and placed me on the free version. When I try to upgrade it asks for all my payment information again. I am SO confused and frustrated as noone will respond back to me to clarify.

I really like this app and want to continue right now as it stand, I am really skeptical about it. HELP!!

@e911corbin

Did you get a receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Be sure to use it to login to your account.

So, to answer:

1) Your account must show 'Premium', 'Free' isn't what you paid for.

2) Don't re-upgrade. If you have your email receipt, you'll be ok.

3) Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists, one with a spotify username / password and one with your facebook details.

Just logout, and log back in using the account login that appears in your spotify receipt email, which should be your original spotify username. That's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I live in america and going to school in america and i am having the same problem.

Suggested posts