Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unidays half price for students - The student id supplied is invalid.

Unidays half price for students - The student id supplied is invalid.

Hi guys, I have just created an account on Unidays and verified that I am student, but when I want to redeem the offer I get - The student id supplied is invalid. Could you help me with this please?

Cheers

26 Replies

What's unidays? 

In the UK there's the NUS Extra deal, I don't know about anything else.

Liam

@Liam - launched very recently: https://www.myunidays.com/perks/view/spotify. Students now get to pick between UNiDAYS or NUS, although both deals have the same discount 🙂

@Ondrej - have you redeemed any other UNiDAYS deal on their website? If your student ID is actually invalid, I'm guessing other discounts won't work either. But if you can redeem other deals, it's more likely something at our end.

Also, clearing cache/cookies on your browser and trying a different browser is always worth a shout too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

@Adam

Thanks man, on UNiDays website it says the student status is verified and valid till september 2014 (then revalidate again). Maybe cache ... 

Also have this problem,

Says:

This discount have already been used.

Never signed up to unidays before and havent used this discount before..

Hi,

I registered for UniDays yesterday hoping to get the half price student offer,

My account on UniDays has been verified and is active but when I try to get the spotify premium offer it says that 'This discount have already been used.'

Any help?

Hmm, both issues are strange. Would you guys mind posting screenshots of where the errors are coming up? I'm not sure if there'll be any personal info there but feel free to hide it if there is.

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 10.46.39.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 11.49.34.png

any help?

Hi guys,

We're looking into this for you.

Have either of you used any other discount from UNiDAYS before? Testing your UNiDAYS accounts out with other deals would be super-helpful to narrow the problem down.

@user-removed - have you tried using the discount with any other Spotify login details at all? Is it just your Facebook details you've been using to login? Does anyone else have access to your UNiDAYS login details - if so, is it possible they've used your UNiDAYS account for their own Spotify discount? You'd likely get an "already used discount" message if that was the case.

Yeah,

I've tested it out with Burtons, it works..

Shouldn't havent been used else where it was only just registered.

Unidays and Apple offer works well 😉

@Hobun - just looking at your account again and it seems your got the UNiDAYS deal going - awesome! Did you do anything differently?

I have the same problem.. 'Student ID supplied is invalid' although I've tried and it works with Apple! 

What do I do?

Is it possible it takes a while for the codes to sync between systems or something? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

it has been 2 days and I am still getting The student id supplied is invalid.

Sorry for the delay here. I should've noticed before but @Ondrej and @TaliaBergaglio - your accounts are German and Italian respectively. The UNiDAYS discount is only open to UK students at the moment I'm afraid. But if everything goes well with it, hopefully we'll be able to extend it in the future.

I too am receiving the same error that says "the student id is invalid". Also i'm a UK student and unidays has worked well for me with other sites. For the past month Ive changed my subscription from UK to Singapore spotify. However now that i'm back in the uk, I've been attempting to re subscribe to the UK unidays spotify deal, but it hasnt been successful.

bigcitydream - Hmm. Could you try from a different internet browser? May have a bit more luck.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts