Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unidays half price for students error

Unidays half price for students error

I signed up for Unidays and when i try to get the discount.  I go through all of the stages, logging into your account (facebook) and when I get to the final "Enter Your Facebook Password" phase and hit enter.  I get a message which reads This feature is currently unavailable. Please try again later." I just want my discounted spotify.

Screen Shot 2013-09-11 at 19.39.52.png
40 Replies

@Eliza_koru If you could open a case with the support team using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you set up with your discount. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Mine just keeps saying oops, try again?

@NicolasLyonScot - I would suggest getting in touch using the link in my post above and a member of the team can check out your account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi. I used to use the NUS extra discount for Spotify premium. However since my NUS card expired I decided to apply the UNIDAYS discount. Whenever I try to apply the discount from the Spotify student discount page the page that opens crashes immediately saying there were too many redirects to the original page and so it was in a loop. I dont know what the problem is, can someone please help me?

Also, some moderator put up a post that said that it wont work if your payment card has expired; that is the same case with me but the discount doesn't apply even after putting up a new payment method card.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 12.43.54 am.png

Hi @tanaybhimrajka welcome to the community,

Could you try changing your DNS settings?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/FIXED-Having-issues-with-Spotify-rig...

To do this go to Network Preferences -> WiFi -> Advanced. Then go to the DNS tab and add the nameservers mentioned in the link above.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Hello,

I'm getting the same error message. 

It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time.

Registered in the UK, what could be wrong in my case? Thanks

@belazt 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have this problem, I canceled my premium subscription which i was paying £4.99 for with my unidays account discount (because i was trying to get spotify family...) , but now I can't even get back to spotify premium using the code again... It says that it is not available , and that I have to pay the full £9.99... how do I get back to paying the amount for students?!!!

I applied for the Unidays discount and according to the Spotify website i'm not eligible for the discount. I checked my account and i'm still subscribed as premium and i'm still paying £9.99 per month. 
I've been paying for premium for a number of months and wondering if someone can explain how i can get the discount. 
I would like this issue addressed asap is possible! 

I also have the problem with the unidays activation. spotify gives me an error when I try to upgrade to the student-premium:

Wie es aussieht, kannst du das reduzierte Produkt, das du kaufen möchtest, nicht erhalten. Du kannst dein Konto trotzdem gerne jederzeit auf Premium umstellen.

Which translates to: you can not buy the discount product, but you can use premium by the common price.

I asked unidays for help, the said I should contact the spotify support and give you this reference:

bvQhZXT3Vkq06u72UQm3fw==

hope you can help!

Maybe it doesn't work  because my university was renamed last year. the former name:

Hochschule für Film und Fernsehen Konrad Wolf

the new name:

Filmuniversität Babelsberg Konrad Wolf

and the students new mail adress is: @filmuniversitaet.de

Is there actually someone reading this problems? Spotify team? Do you care for your customers needs?

I solved the issue myself by making a new unidays account, but I didn't get
a reply.

Hi Spotify! 

My Unidays doesn't work out, it always says I'm not able to get the discount. I'm studying in Germany and already got my Spotify Premium account. 

What did I do wrong?

I changed my country today from Brazil to UK and tried to redeem the Unidays discount but it keep saying "It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase".

when i tried to redeem my dicount it said it was already registered with another spotify account 

@ainecam

Did you try using this site?

https://spotify.sheerid.com/

osorniosSpotify Star

that site is for US college students, im a student in the UK

@ainecam

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

My student discount also isn't working - I recently began my studies in Germany, and through my German Unidays account I'm entitled to a student discount. However, when I changed my account to premium I wasn't even given the option of entering a discount code? Is this because I originally joined Spotify in Ireland, where there is no discount? Help would be much appreciated; I love Premium but can't afford it without the discount.

Hey @marthacampbell9,

There's no discount code to use. If you're still in Germany, try changing your country setting in your profile page to Germany.

After that, access this website to get the student Premium.

Hope it helps. 🙂

Account_overview_twitter.png

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts