Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies

I like how a free service linking with a free/subscription by choice service joining forces has so many people angry.

They all have Facebook accounts.

That isn't the problem, they just hate that homies can see that it aint Lil Wayne but ABBA that you bust out when you are home alone.

I don't see the big fuss.

Spotify offers a great service at an amazing value.

They link with services like Facebook to make money and get bigger and better and richer and did I mention better?

If you don't dig it then take your entitled butt someplace else that will eventually link with Facebook as well so you can boycott them eventually as well....

Or you could log onto your MySpace account and let the other 3 people on MySpace hear your grievance.

Or you could just mellow and deal with it.

papasagg wrote:

They all have Facebook accounts.

I don't...

Although the message matches Spotify's official stance quite well (No Facebook = you're not welcome here), you're replying to a troll. They are better left alone.

I can't see any off the unlink buttons in my account. Facebook sucks. I deleted my account. You should all delete yours.

I pretty sure I'll be deleting my spotify account unless they give people the choice to have facebook or not.

I just want to listen to music - I don't care what other people are listening to and I don't want to see their smiling faces at the side of spotify.

oh god!

i had no idea this was happening because i set up my account before this all started and i don't have a facebook anyway.

this is unacceptable and I will deffinitely cancel my premium account if this is not sorted out. I'm not waiting around for spotify to demand that i get a facebook account.

Even if they don't take it that far, I still think they've taken it far enough and I'm not gonna take it.

I cancelled my Premium Account as soon as I discovered this.

Spotify you suck. Good bye.

I signed up for spotify only a week ago and cannot log in any other way other than facebook I pay for premium service. .... Do to reasons with school I have to deactivate my facebook acct until the end of september. Once its deactivated if i log in to spotify it reactivates it and I will get very heft fines from my organization if facebook is activated. Does this mean I cannot use spotify until then ?? if so im ending my subscription I dont want to pay 9.99 a month for something that I can use.

The Facebook requirement was put in place 10 months ago, so if you signed up last week, yes you must have Facebook to use Spotify.

me neither......

Theobos - What seems to be the issue? I can see that your 'theobos' account isn't linked to Facebook.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Is there no way that a moderator can unlink this for me?

I recently just got out of a 3 year relationship and really do not want to have a facebook anymore since the only reason I used it was to talk to her.

Please Spotify, help me out here.

Shamcam - When you signed up, did you use a Facebook account to do so? If yes, you will have to create a new account. Log out of the Spotify website and press Sign up at the top right corner. The "Sign up using my e-mail address" link at the bottom makes an account without Facebook.

If you created your account before or after Facebook was required and you have your own Spotify username, log in using the Spotify username and password, go to Preferences and click "Disconnect from Facebook".

does exit Fakebook means exit Spotify?

If this is the case, I will be cancelling my PAID subscription as well.  Such a shame.  Sent a mesage to Spotify ... we'll see what happens.

There are people who are PAYING for a subscription ... those people should not be forced to maintain a facebook.

You do not need Facebook for Spotify anymore. However, if you signed up while Facebook was required, you need to create a new account.

To do that, log out of the website, click Sign up and choose "Create an account with email address" at the bottom.

But how do I delete the account that are linked to facebook when making a new account?

There's no reason to delete it unless you really need to use the same email as you used on the Facebook account.

You have to ask support to delete your old account.

ok. yes, i need to use the same adress, so i will send them a mail..

I can't find any of the preference settings that are mentioned here.  

When I saw that spotify wanted to link to facebook, I never authorized the account, but somehow they established an account for me, linked it to facebook and now offer no option for terminating the account.  Nor can I change the preferences as mentioned.

This site is highly unethical.  I have never used it to hear music.  I am only caught in it's nefarious web.

Suggested posts