Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies

Happily canceled my Facebook account.

Logged in to Spotify to celebrate.

Spotify reactivaed my facebook account.

As a result, I will be canceling my spotify account after this post and discouraging friends from using the service.

Spotify, quit riding coattails and grow a pair. Your invasion of privacy is disgusting. 

Dear All,

I opened a new account and asked via the contact form to migrate my account and subscription to my non-facebook account but got a reply back that facebook is still necessary to login and this cannot be undone. Can anyone help me please because I am getting annoyed with this.

Jmbosch - Did you specify that you'd like to move your account details and playlists from your Facebook-linked account to your new account?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes i did.. answer was not possible.

anyone ?!!?

I don't want to link my spotify to my Facebook - is there anyway at all that I can delink them? 

I had to start a new facebook, is there anyway i can switch my premium account that is linked to my old facebook to my new facebook. I dont want to have to make all new playlist and re sync all my music 

Mluhya1 - If you originally signed up through Facebook, you can't unlink Spotify from your Facebook and you have to make a new account. If you created a Spotify username and password when you signed up, you can unlink on Preferences.

Stephen_Kyle - Same situation for you. If you signed up through Facebook, you have to start over. If you created a Spotify username and password, you can unlink from FB on Preferences and then link to the new Facebook account.

That's crazy! I have an unlimited subscription (that's on my old facebook account) and want to switch from my old facebook account to the new one and I cannot? Should I cancel it first?

DATA - As you created your account through that Facebook account, you can't change them over. A new account will probably be easiest. If you contact Customer Support, we'll make sure your playlists and subscription is moved over and that old account deleted. 

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

so every time i want to use my spotify i have to re - activate my facebook  ?  why thats not wright i dont want to use my face book anymore !

Myawish13 - As you created your account through Facebook, you won't be able to separate your Spotify and Facebook accounts.

You can now create an account independent to Facebook if you want. We'll then move your playlists over to that new account, so you don't lose anything. For any help, just contact Customer Support.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam or any other moderator.  I demand that you allow me to unlink my facebook from spotify or I will terminate my premium account.  I do not want a facebook anymore.  I dont care if I have to get a new account IF you can transfer all of my playlists and preferences etc to that one in one shot.  

I diabled my fb and didnt even realize until today that YOUR service / app re-opened my fb without even asking me.  WTF IS THAT BS.  Because of your company my privacy was agreeing once again with facebooks terms of service which is the reason I disabled fb.  

Seriously, not even a "please verify that you would like to re-activate your facebook account.  You will need to reactivate to continue using spotify."  NOTHING - just automatically re-activated.  

CONTACT ME ASAP THIS IS BS.

This_is_bs - As your Spotify was created through your Facebook account, they share a login system. Should you disconnect the two, you'll lose access to your Spotify. With you using your Facebook details to log in before, you're logging in through Facebook. This would have re-activated your disabled Facebook account, just like it would have if you were to log in on their website.

As I mentioned before, you can now create an account independent to Facebook. If you were to create one, we'd be able to move your Premium and playlists over for you. It's really not a problem, we'll get it done as quickly as possible. You'd just need to contact us here.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, I want to get rid off my FB account with which I've created my spotify account to connect it with my other FB account (I've 2 FB account but the old one linked with spotify is useless). Could u help me? 

I never started this account when it had to have facebook a long time ago. Can I unlink mine? This is some dodgey advertising you realise that? Are you legally obliged to tell me when i can't pull out anymore? Let me know before they make it illegal to delete your facebook or something.

And i did not register 2 minutes ago? What is that about? I first used this username on spotify years back, what is this spotify community?

Reading the terms of use now and the things it says in there were not clear to me upon the buttons i've just clicked that all looked nice and slick and didn't really say much. I just wanted to listen to a tune. What are you doing?

And you keep the information after the spotify account is deleted too, sounds well dodgey.

What can I do about these issues?

And how do you delete posts? 😉

Sam wrote:

As I mentioned before, you can now create an account independent to Facebook. If you were to create one, we'd be able to move your Premium and playlists over for you. It's really not a problem, we'll get it done as quickly as possible. You'd just need to contact us here.

Kijwi - Please see Sam's answer above. We can help via the contact form.

Sharpzone - You can easily disconnect your Facebook from your 'sharpzone' account. 

Check out the instructions right here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Wrong-Facebook-attached-to-my-accou...

I want to get rid of facebook but I LOVE my spotify account. Can you do this for me?

Suggested posts