Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies
Marked as solution

@mortphi

You can do it yourself. Check this tutorial:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-...

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The contact form is useless, they just tell you to get your questions answered here, and here they tell you to use the contact form! Please help!!!

Hey @user-removed,

If you get an automated email, after using the form, directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

No option saying "Disconnect your Spotify Account from Facebook."

I had that problem too. Login in to facebook and remove spotify from apps and deactivate your FB account.
Next, open spotify (do not log in) and reset your password and change it with a different password. Spotify will send you a email with a link to click on to reset password. Click on that and change your password. Once all done. Log in back on to spotify with your new password and you should not recieve an email that you have reactivated FB.

I am trying your way of doing it and it says that since I am using my facebook to login I need to change my Facebook password. Any further help?

Hey, are you wanting to de-activate your Facebook ?

I had already deactivated my Facebook so every time I logged into Spotify it reactivated it.

Ok what you do is go back on facebook. Unlink Spotify from apps in Facebook
(use desktop or laptop not phone) once completed then deactivate Facebook.
do not log in to Spotify. Next RESET your Spotify password. Then, use new
password to log in to Spotify. And should be sweet. Let me know how it goes

It's nice that this is "solved". But having to contact Spotify support with their deeply buried contact link or Twitter thing is highly disconcerting. There should be an easy self-service way to disconnect FB. NOw I'm stuck out of my account, with no music, because despite a password change to my account, I cannot login because the stupid Spotify login seems to think I want to login via my FB account. Well, if they had made it seamless for me to connect FB to my own account which has all my playlists, and not force a *separate* account via FB login, this might have worked. Stupid stupid idea. 

"From apps in Facebook" - where are these apps? There's only one link in my Facebook profile and wall, which is "Manage Apps". Nothing in there. 

I was using Spotify without Facebook but I updated the app and now it linked by itself and I lost all my saved music and playlists. There's no option to unlink so unless someone can tell me how to revert things I'm taking my time and money to another service

Hi @Cagalhao69,

It looks like you have more than one account in Spotify. It doesn't link by itself to Facebook. 

Could you please try logging in other devices like desktop app and web player?

This might also help you.

BittencourtSpotify Star

It appears that by logging in by e-mail it would automaticaly log in by facebook, which I never used/created. Loggin in by username solved it. Thanks

Great, @Cagalhao69!

You're welcome. Please don't forget to add Likes if you think my help was useful.

BittencourtSpotify Star

How do I transfer my saved playlists and albums from my Facebook acct to a new account?

Hi @Busybeeskb55, welcome to the community! 🙂

You can use this tutorial to assist you in transferring you playlists from one account to another.

Alternatively you can contact Spotify Support to assists you in transferring you playlists from one account to another:

You can contact support on twitter @SpotifyCares or you can email Support here.

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you. Support takes 24-48 hours to reply.

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts