Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies

Users beware:

If you change your settings on Facebook to disable spotfly to link to your account, and then you log into spotfly using the facebbok log in, it will re-enable the link between sf and fb!!!

Don't forget to delete cookies and empty your cache.

Thanks, I created a new account without facebook linkage and copied over my old playlists.  Sucks I couldn't just unlink from FB but at least I'm not forced to have a facebook to use it.

I would like to disable my facebook account but continue to use Spotify, how do i do that? In detail.

How do you copy over all songs/ playlists from old fb linked account to new non-fb linked account? Because the only thing stopping me from making a new account is my 2000 songs and 30+ playlists linked with my current account.

I want to be able to use Spotify without recieving an e-mail from Facebook reading "Welcome Back". I have come to the decision that I no longer want to use Facebook, but with that decision I am now forced to create a new account with a new e-mail. I do not want to create a new account or a completely new e-mail. I was planning on subscribing, but seeing as how I NEED TO have an active Facebook account, I no longer have an interest in doing so. Thank you for the music, what you do is amazing, but I am officially done using Spotify in any capacity. 

when updating my profile...I can't because I get

"Another account is already registered with this email address."

is this because of the facebook issue? I'm pretty sure I was signed up before the facebook debacle?

any info appreciated, thanks

@adrianford wrote:

when updating my profile...I can't because I get

"Another account is already registered with this email address."

is this because of the facebook issue? I'm pretty sure I was signed up before the facebook debacle?

any info appreciated, thanks

If you need that email address freeing up our contact form is the way to go.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Before I deactivated my FB for the millionth time because Spotify kept reactivating it, I went into FB one last time and changed my email to some secondary one that I wouldn't be using with my new email only Spotify account.  I went into the FB linked Spotify account to make sure that change carried over so I didn't encounter an error from Spotify when creating my new email only account.  I also made note of what my Spotify username was which was a series of numbers (in Spotify you go to Help > Your Account).  I then created a new Spotify account by logging out of Spotify, clicking Sign up and choosing "Create an account with email address."  I searched for my FB linked account by typing spotify:user:username in the search box.  From here I created new playlists and just copied over the tracks.  Can be time consuming if you have a lot of playlists but since you can grab all songs from a list at once, it's no where near as bad as having to recreate each list over again.

Thank you for this info.  I wanted to send a song to a FB friend but couldn't because she's not on Spotify.  Besides prefer my Spotify name to my real one.

hi

i'm also trying to do that but can't manage to do it.

i was thinking of going premium, and then decided "if i am to give bank infos to spotify, i want it unlinked to my facebook" but it appears to be impossible.

so i'll go and look at deezer or grooveshark...

@bagou01 wrote:

hi

i'm also trying to do that but can't manage to do it.

i was thinking of going premium, and then decided "if i am to give bank infos to spotify, i want it unlinked to my facebook" but it appears to be impossible.

so i'll go and look at deezer or grooveshark...

Hey 🙂

You can create an account that is not linked to Facebook. 

You just need to visit: 

https://www.spotify.com/signup/plain/

and press the "create an account using your e-mail address" link.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dear Spotify/Meredith the Moderator,

First, thank you for the instructions to disconnect my facebook account from Spotify.  Like Jenerallee, I too have deactivated my Facebook account.

This however has cuased reprocussions on to my Spotify account: All of my playlists, starred tracks, and radio stations are gone!  Is there any way to restore my playlists, like tracks, etc. without connecting to Facebook?

Thank you,

RationalThinker

Are you sure you're not logging in using your Facebook account? You must type your username, not your email address on the login form's username field. Typing an email logs in using Facebook, and if you disconnected Facebook from your Spotify account, doing so will make it act like you're a new user and you won't see your playlists.

@RationalThinker wrote:

Like Jenerallee, I too have deactivated my Facebook account.

This however has cuased reprocussions on to my Spotify account: All of my playlists, starred tracks, and radio stations are gone!  Is there any way to restore my playlists, like tracks, etc. without connecting to Facebook?

Hi RationalThinker - What's happened here is you created two accounts when you first joined. 

All your playlists were linked to that FB account. We can certainly help, you'll just need to reach out via the contact form.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i'm out

Hey supernicklas - Sure there's nothing we can help you with? I understand you're frustrated but we'd genuinely like to sort this out for you.  

Did you see also Sam's response in this other thread?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/introduce-a-way-to-pay-for-premium/...

Hi Meredith,

Thank you for your reply.  So you're saying that you are able to migrate my FB logged playlists to my non-FB connected Spotify account if I request it through the contact form?

If so, sounds great.  I feel like this should be something in the FAQ for those who've deleted their FB accounts.

Thanks!  -RT

RationalThinker - We can move playlists over, yes. Just email into using the contact form mentioned, and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have a Spotify account (1131222201) and I want unlink this because I don´t want to use facebook. I have a Premium account and I want to change this Premium on a other account ( for example on this account ) "spopiale".

Thanks

@spopiale wrote:

I have a Spotify account (1131222201) and I want unlink this because I don´t want to use facebook. I have a Premium account and I want to change this Premium on a other account ( for example on this account ) "spopiale".

Thanks

We can help out with this, but it'd be best to do via email. So just head over to our contact form for this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts