Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies

I hope there is a reason and spotify is making money because of this linked in garbage but, they just lost my buisness and I would've probably been around for at least another year or two using their program from my iphone.

O well.

See ya Spotify for now 

@Bdmerlo - You actually don't need Facebook to use Spotify anymore. You can set up an account just using your email address. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have just realised that you have been posting what I'm listening to, etc., on my Facebook on my behalf. I am livid.

These settings should never have been set to default "on". As a premium subscriber of 5 years, and a strong supporter of the concept (Spotify in particular) for that time, I am absolutely furious that this was implemented without any request for consent. I never intended to (and would have chosen not to) link my Spotify/Facebook accounts. I think I might have accidentally done so when trying to play a track via Facebook.

It would have been one thing if the issue was just being harrassed with messages like "Share this playlist with Facebook!" or the like. That might have been just slightly irritating. For you to go ahead and share (I don't even know what) with (I don't even know whom) on my Facebook in this underhanded manner is outrageous. Never mind helping yourselves to my personal information. It is akin to Google sharing your Chrome browsing history with all your Google contacts, without even having the courtesy to let you know. What is worst is that you knew exactly what you were doing; you must have held meetings about linking Spotify to Facebook, and you must have intentionally implemented it in this deceitful way.

Having championed your product on your behalf, and invested so heavily in it for this amount of time, I feel utterly betrayed. Despite loathing Apple, I now regret not going for iTunes in the first place. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were a decent and honorable company, I now feel that trust has been totally abused.

I think that Spotify's default settings are chosen so as to meet the needs of the "avereage user" so that it works as they would wish without the need for any setting up on their side but those options are there for more sophisticated users like yourself.

I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that the average user who creates his account with, or links it to, facebook wants to use facebook sharing.

Which is fair enough.

My issue is that I was unaware of this linking taking place, and don't think a check box to tick "I want to share activity with Facebook" would have been unreasonable. I'm just a little freaked out that all those hours I've spent on Spotify thinking they were entirely private haven't been. I mean, man, at least show up in my own feed when showing in others'!

I guess most people don't mind cataloguing themselves online. I was a little mad when I wrote the above. It's a very personal thing for me, and just feel it's beyond the remit of my music streaming provider to make the decision to share for me. It's not difficult to share a track if I wish to.

I can see where you're coming from though, not everyone's a privacy nut like me.

I just want to unlink my facebook and spotify so I can continue listening to my favorite music. I was a premium member and deactivated my facebook, now I cannot log into my Spotify account. I think it is rediculous that we do not have the option to Unlink them. Had I known, I would have just created an account using my personal email and not Facebook. Do you really expect me to remember all of my favorite songs and playlists much less find them all over again with a new account?? I just want to listen to my music, and this Spotify/Facebook connection is making it virtually impossible. I completely understand why others are so upset about this...

This is the technological age, so why is this so difficult to fix?

Hey, if you get in touch using the online contact formsomeone at Spotify will help get everything sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

@MimiMichelle wrote:

I just want to unlink my facebook and spotify so I can continue listening to my favorite music. I was a premium member and deactivated my facebook, now I cannot log into my Spotify account. I think it is rediculous that we do not have the option to Unlink them. Had I known, I would have just created an account using my personal email and not Facebook. Do you really expect me to remember all of my favorite songs and playlists much less find them all over again with a new account?? I just want to listen to my music, and this Spotify/Facebook connection is making it virtually impossible. I completely understand why others are so upset about this...

This is the technological age, so why is this so difficult to fix?

So how do I do this then... because Spotify complain that the email address is already in use!

@suilegew - Email address in use means you have a duplicate account in the system which is known to cause issues.

Get in touch using the link Joe posted above and a member of the team will be able to get it tidied up for you. 🙂

Peter

Can I add a username and password in addition to my facebook account? I want to use Spotify at work but they blocked facebook, so I can't log in that way.

@cwirth1026 - Yes you can! 

Click the "Create a device password" option on your online profile:

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Once you have set that, you can log in using that and your numerical Spotify username shown here:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

Hello

I do realize that this is quite an old topic but it seems there is still no function of separating an account created with facebook. This is shocking to be honest.

As per Sam's post, I have opened myself a ticket under Case # 01869996 and I am hoping for a swift resolution. If there is anything I can do to expedite this operation, please do not hesitate to e-mail me.

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Mat

PS: Spotify Unlimited.

@user-removed - Just be sure to reply directly to the automated email even if it is from no-reply and someone will get back to you asap.

Peter

Hi!

I´ve done the step you wrote down but I`m still connected

@toislav67 - What is your Spotify username?

Peter

I wish I had seen this forum earlier!

I accidentally agreed on Facebook to remove Spotify, not knowing that this would remove everything saved in my account (back to the level of before I connected to Facebook). Is there any way I can undo this and get my music back (transfer my starred and playlists)? The account is still under the same email and username (alexkmhs), just not connected to Facebook anymore.

Help is very much appreciated!!

I have had spotify for many years and have suddenly been linked with facebook which i am not happy about. I have tried to unlink it through edit...Preferences...etc but my account name has changed from Blujak to my full name and it is accompanied by a picture.....How can i resolve this please

@blujak - I can confirm that account is no longer connected to Facebook.

If you are still seeing Facebook data on your apps, try a re-install which should clear it:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

I want to de-sync my facebook from my Spotify account. After searching, it became clear that the only way to do this was to start a new account. After canceling my old one that's forever-linked to facebook, I find out that I can't start a new account with my same email address. This is extremely furstrating. Now I have reactivated the old (facebook-linked account) while I wait for spotify to respond but in the process have lost all old playlists, yay. Forget the old playlists now, I can deal with that, I just want to get completely away from facebook being associated with my Spotify. HOW DO I DO THIS!?! I just want to be able to log in with my email address and any password I choose to make it, not my facebook password.

I've learned my lesson though. The lesson of saving a few seconds by clincking "Login with Facebook". Geezus, this is a nightmare.

@user-removed - Spotify support will need to remove the old account from their login systems for you to free up the email address.

If you have been in contact with support, if you could reply directly to the automated email that tells you to post on the community that will push your case over to an adviser.

Peter

Suggested posts