Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unsubscribe from emails

Solved!

Unsubscribe from emails

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to unsubscribe from Spotify's email list? I continually get emails from this **bleep** company and there is no way to get them to stop sending them. I've tried everything and their emails just won't stop.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There should have been an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. However, I've turned off all emails to your account now.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

shaadie wrote:

I have exactly the same problem than tru3r0ya1 and I only have one one account linked, did you finally solve it?

Actually you have two accounts as well.  It's likely the one linked to FB still has the email notifications turned on. I've gone ahead and removed that for you. 

**Any other users with this issue should try signing into their Overview page. Once with your Spotify username then again with your Facebook details.

Check the username both times. Different? You've made another account via Facebook. Just follow the steps Richard outlines here to sort that out.

View solution in original post

147 Replies
Marked as solution

There should have been an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. However, I've turned off all emails to your account now.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have attempted to unsubscribe multiple times from the emails, just because there tends to be too many.  Yet even when it looks like this, I recieve emails.

Capture.PNG

Hi tru3r0ya1 - Do you have a Facebook profile linked to another email address? If so, you may have created a second account. 

Can you confirm the email linked to 'tru3r0ya1' is the one receiving the messages?

how do you get your email off spotify's list? I do not want notifications when people add tracks to their lists

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂

You can unsubscribe from emails from your online account or by clicking the link inside the email as above.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have tried numerous times to unsubscribe from these various emails I get almost daily from spotify about someone that I don't know updating their playlist to no avail. I do not have two emails associated with my account and have updated my profile to unsubscribe to all emails. can someone please help! 

thanks. 

Hi mariann22- Your case is a bit unusual. You've got two accounts linked to your email address. 

I'm sending you an email with more info--keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

Hi:

I have exactly the same problem than tru3r0ya1 and I only have one one account linked, did you finally solve it?

Thanks

Marked as solution

shaadie wrote:

Actually you have two accounts as well.  It's likely the one linked to FB still has the email notifications turned on. I've gone ahead and removed that for you. 

**Any other users with this issue should try signing into their Overview page. Once with your Spotify username then again with your Facebook details.

Check the username both times. Different? You've made another account via Facebook. Just follow the steps Richard outlines here to sort that out.

Thank you very much!

I've checked 'never' for all email notifications and i'm still getting the emails about people adding tracks to their playlists. can someone please correct this for me? It's real annoying. And i'm not connected to the facebook community, I log in via spotify only.

Thanks! 

powerinpop - You've also unknowingly made a Facebook account. See my post below for instructions on duplicate accounts. 

@meahtenoha wrote:

I'm afraid I keep receiving emails, I just received one today, a friend added a song to one of his playslists, so what do I care??

I really don't know how to avoid this. I wouldn't want to disconnect my facebook account because I like having my friends there to send them songs or whatever, but I do not want to receive emails...

Hi, I can't unsubscribe from emails either... every time I click the checkmark to unsub and hit save profile it says my email is already in use...

I keep getting emails about my Facebook friends adding tracks to their playlists even though i have unsubscribed from all emails. I used to have my Spotify and Facebook accounts connected, but I chose to disconnect them.

The mail just started coming in on October 11th.

The majority of you experiencing this issue have unknowingly made a new account via Facebook. @shaadie, you've managed to open a new one after we deleted the first one. 

Edit: First you'll need to change the email settings in your extra account:

1. Log into your Edit Profile page with your Facebook details: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Do you have a username made of digits? If so you've made a duplicate account linked to your Facebook. 

2. You can edit those email notifications from there--just select 'Never' for everything

3. Can't log in with your FB details? Still getting emails? Head to the contact form

Alright, those email settings have now been changed. Next you'll want to connect these two accounts: 

Richard has posted some concise instructions for this right here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

Any other questions should be directed to the contact form so we can investigate

UHm... that's absolutely not my fault, I did NOTHING to open a new account O_o

I wanna stop getting 10 emails a day regarding what my friends add to their playlist. Even though I go on to privacy settings and click "never" I can not save, because it says that my e-mail is already registered? I wanna use the same as I used before, I have never used another one. How can I solve this?

Hi josefineansved - I've just moved your post to this relevant thread. 

You've opened an extra account with us (this is one you're getting emails for). Please follow my steps above to close that account and stop those messages. 

Suggested posts