Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unsubscribe from emails

Solved!

Unsubscribe from emails

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to unsubscribe from Spotify's email list? I continually get emails from this **bleep** company and there is no way to get them to stop sending them. I've tried everything and their emails just won't stop.

147 Replies

Hi,

I got a gift from a friend of mine for valentine´s day - he got me one month of spotify premium which of course was a nice surprise BUT the freakin email telling me that I got a spotify gift card KEEPS coming in like every minute!

Although I have already activated the gift code. How do I make that stop? I have gotten over a thousand emails telling me the exact same thing over and over again since yesterday.

please help!

@Ola86 wrote:

Hi,

I got a gift from a friend of mine for valentine´s day - he got me one month of spotify premium which of course was a nice surprise BUT the freakin email telling me that I got a spotify gift card KEEPS coming in like every minute!

Although I have already activated the gift code. How do I make that stop? I have gotten over a thousand emails telling me the exact same thing over and over again since yesterday.

please help!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You are not the only person to report this so it is definitely an issue, I have already escalated this issue to the community team to look into. Hopefully it can be solved soon!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ola86 - This should now be fixed. I'm sorry about the hassle. Let us know if it happens again (it really shouldn't).
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Please unsubscribe me.  Seriously.  I've unsubscribed at least three times via the many emails I have received after canceliing my membership (because of way too agressive marketing by Spotify) and I still get emails.  Please.  I clearly don't want your goods and this is only making me dislike Spotify more and more (and more).  Stop. Emailing. Me. Please.

I haven't had a account here before today.I only signed up because I couldn't find any to stop the emails. I've never signed up before. I don't want a membership. And won't use this service. Links at bottom of emails takes me to a page to signed in but I didn't have a account to sign into. How do I make this site forget everything about me? Please help.

@user-removed - If you get in touch with customer support using this form they will be able to get that removed from the systems for you. 

Peter

Peter

I'm trying to eliminate certain email notifications that I get from spotify, but it's not working. I have gone to 'edit profile', clicked the 'never' value for the 'spotlight recommendations' setting, and clicked 'save profile,' but that settings stay at the 'immediately' value. Could someone explain why this is happens?

@user-removed - Are you getting any other error messages on that page when you click save (normally at the top)? 

Peter

Peter

@Peter My browser displays no errors after clicking save. No errors in the javascript console, and no errors at the top of page. Am I the only one who has this problem?

@Peter wrote:

@user-removed - Are you getting any other error messages on that page when you click

@user-removed - Haven't seen any other reports of similar behaviour lately, will get someone to check this out for you.

Peter

Peter

@user-removed - Just been informed someone from the Spotify team has manually set those to never for you. Are they now showing correctly? 

Peter

Peter

Still no good. My notification settings are now showing up as 'never' for all them except for the one I want to change, which is the 'Spotlight recommendations' one.

Just tested this out with a test account, I can confirm I get the same behaviour - looks like a possible bug. 

I'll get this reported now and see what the team say. 

Peter

Peter

Just tested this out again @user-removed and it is now working as expected. Would you be able to try setting it again? 

Peter

Peter

The problem is fixed. I can now save my notification settings. Thanks for the help, Peter!

Could you do the same for me please, my inbox is just full. Many thanks

@kirst47 wrote:

Could you do the same for me please, my inbox is just full. Many thanks

You should be able to unsubscribe from emails from your online profile

Peter

Peter

I've tried everything to stop the Spotify emails. I have totally disabled all Spotify emails, but they keep coming, so now I have just added them to my Junk list.

@dypsis wrote:

I've tried everything to stop the Spotify emails. I have totally disabled all Spotify emails, but they keep coming, so now I have just added them to my Junk list.

Hey @dypsis 🙂

Are you getting generic Spotify emails but your online account says they are deactivated? 

If so, is your Spotify email address the same one you use for Facebook? 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't use Facebook. I hate it.

Suggested posts