Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unsubscribe from emails

Solved!

Unsubscribe from emails

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to unsubscribe from Spotify's email list? I continually get emails from this **bleep** company and there is no way to get them to stop sending them. I've tried everything and their emails just won't stop.

147 Replies

Can someone please help me unsubscribe from all of these Spotify emails? I hit the 'unsubscribe' button every single time I receive one of these #$%&& emails, but it's obviously not working. This has been going on for over a year, and I'm about to break.

I also went in manually changed my settings about 6 months ago. Here's what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 3.38.46 PM.png

MTIA

@lynnberenbaum - Do you normally log in using Facebook or do you have a Spotify username account?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't use FB. Thanks

Bumping. Any help/advice? MTIA

Sorry for not getting back to you @lynnberenbaum - If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form one of their advisors will be able to check this out for you. Sounds like you might have more than one account or the settings page isn't saving correctly for some reason. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Okay. Thanks, I will do that.

Note that the email I just from received from you @Peter explains how to stop emails from the Community, rather than Spotify itself.

Hi there,

I had a little look for you and can see that you still had a couple of emails going to you. I've now disabled these and you should no longer receive any unnecessary communication from us 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I hope so. Thanks

After an even more thorough search I have located a second account with the same email address which was created through Facebook. This account has not been used so I have removed it from the system. If you do receive any further emails from us, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll investigate further.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Could you please do that for me too? I've "unsubscribed" in my profile numerous times & the emails keep on coming...endlessly it seems. I really want them to end & I really want Spotift to play nice....

THIS IS BULL**bleep**.

**bleep** SPOTIFY.

I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN. 

I CANCELLED ALL EMAILS FROM THEM BUT THEY CONTINUE TO SEND THEM.

I GET USELESS EMAILS FROM SPOTIFY EVERYDAY EVEN THOUGH I UNSUBSCRIBED!

**bleep** SPOTIFY. GO TO HELL.

If you are having issues with getting emails when unsubscribed, you will have probably worked out from this topic you most likely have another account lurking in the Spotify system somewhere. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can easily find it and delete it for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I've received a reply to my query in contact us a few minutes ago.

• Thanks for getting in touch.

Here's what we got from you:
    Give Spotify feedback about something
    Other

I unsubscribed from email on 11/15/13, but as of 12/31 I've received 6 more. Please remove me from email notifications except those critical to my membership.

If you have a question about Spotify, your first stop should be the Spotify Community http://community.spotify.com/ for support from other users. This is also a great place to read up on any company updates that might affect your service as well as posting your own ideas and feedback.

Then check out our Help pages http://support.spotify.com The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features.

You can also now follow or Tweet our Spotify Customer Service Team @Spotifycares for all things Spotify.

We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query. Remember that we'll keep you in the loop on any major service updates via our Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/spotifystatus @Spotifystatus

Kind regards,
    Spotify Customer Service Team

I used the unsubscribe link last November & just confirmed that my account preferences indicate no email.

Please fix this for me, as you did for the user whose post -- last year! -- led me here.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Just reply directly to that email (even if it says not to) and an adviser will lend a hand.

Peter

SPOTIFY SUCKS.

This goddamn company makes it IMPOSSIBLE for a user to delete his or her account. 

I AM GOING TO MAKE SPOTIFY'S LIFE MISERABLE UNLESS THEY DELETE MY ACCOUNT PRONTO!

@user-removed - Have you followed the steps in this post including replying to the automated email? 

Peter

yes I have.  6 emails to their customer service team.  

This is total bull**bleep**.  

Spotify is a sleazy business.  The brand is trashed to me, and I look foward to spreading the venom.  

How long ago did you first get in touch? If you can post your most recent case number (#) which is in the automated email I can ask someone to check it out for you.

Peter

I do not see anywhere in my account information where I can stop emails. I try "deactivating" each email when it arrives, but they just keep coming. The heck with Spotify - nice service but I cannot tolerate the irritation.  My patience is worn!! 

If all of your email settings are off on your online profile but you are still getting emails you have more than one account (its amazingly common and irritating). If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get that extra account removed for you. 

Peter

Suggested posts