Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unsubscribe from emails

Solved!

Unsubscribe from emails

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to unsubscribe from Spotify's email list? I continually get emails from this **bleep** company and there is no way to get them to stop sending them. I've tried everything and their emails just won't stop.

147 Replies

After clicking on the link to "deactive notification" or unsubscribe from the e-mail being sent, I'm taken to my account page.  I untick the boxes next to the e-mails (all) that I no longer want.  Then when I attempt to save my profile, I am told that another account is using the e-mail address that is stored in my profile.

OK, so it appears I have Spotify linked through Facebook.  Unlinked. Done.

I still cannot save my preferences in my Spotify profile.  I would consider it a kindness if you could point me in the right direction towards sorting this out. 

Cheers,

Julian

Hey Julian! Welcome to the community 🙂

It definitely sounds like you have multiple accounts in the system. Its an easy fix, but you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can remove the extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, although I unsubscribed from emails I still continue to get them. I may have two accounts linked but I do not know how to get rid of the other one. Can someone please help or unsubscribe me? Thanks.

@wmily Don't they have an unsubscribe link at the bottom which you can click? 

Yes, and I have clicked it many times but still continue to get emails. 

@wmily wrote:

Yes, and I have clicked it many times but still continue to get emails. 

I've manually unsubscribed you so after 48 hours or so you should stop receiving any new emails from us. Sorry for the nuisance!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Please, please stop sending me e-mails every time someone posts something her.

Thanks!

@osablod_records wrote:
Please, please stop sending me e-mails every time someone posts something her.

Thanks!

Click on "Topic Options" at the top and then click unsubscribe. 

Peter

Hi, I have tried to get rid of spotify notifications to my email but I still get notifications of forum threads that I've left comments in, and its at least 20- 30 of them each day, completely taking over my email. Need help asap!

As well as unsubscribing from specific threads as mentioned above, you can go here to change default settings.

Hello,

I had unsubscribed from Spotify by deleting the fb app but since I keep on receiving emails I had to relink my fb account because I couldn't not stop getting emails from it.

I now would like you to remove all my details from your database, and stop sending me emails. It's crazy that you don't have an email address that can be used without having to register.

Please remove me from your database and mailingl ists.

Thanks

Valentina 

@Vale_boh - You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to do that for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Having a nightmere trying to deactivate email notifications on my account. Keep de-selecting all emails then I can only assume you have to enter password at bottom of page to confirm, only it keeps telling me it is the wrong password. 

I have reset my password to try and get round this but no luck... every time I open my profile settings page it has all emails checked as "on".

Please help...

You can only get to your profile page if you are already logged in. There's no need to enter your password again, just click the "Save" button at the bottom.

yes, but when you do that and go back to the profile from the link in the top bar, the updates you made are not applied!

process:

i log in -> go to profile page -> change one of the email receivment buttons to 'never' -> save settings from the bottom button -> go back to the profile from the top bar -> see that absolutely no changes are made!

what's up with that.

edit- all i want is to change from receiving an email every time a subscribed playlist updates to 'never'. thx!

Weird.......I just checked and it works fine for me. Do you get a big green banner at the top confirming your settings have been saved? Maybe try a different browser or private/incognito mode?

hi, thanks for your advice,

i had to switch from chrome to firefox to get it to work...

I'm also suffering from an inability to unsubscribe. Every time I try saving my preference of disabling emails it resets. Help please!

Did you try a different browser?

@goaziz - Are you sure there are no errors being displayed on the page?

Peter

Suggested posts