Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

VPN Defender (iOS VPNDefender APP) stops syncing from working

Solved!

VPN Defender (iOS VPNDefender APP) stops syncing from working

I recently installed VPNDefender on to my iPhone. This routes my traffic through their virtual private network to help keep my data secure and my privacy.

However when it is activated the sync functionaly for my offline playlists does not work. Pausing VPNDefender allows Spotify sync to work again.

Of course I don't know where the issue is at (Spotify or VPNDefender). I just wanted to put this out here so others can pause VPNDefender when necessary.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

4 Replies

Hi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I don't believe Spotify fully supports VPNs.

~Joe

EDIt - Where is your VPN location, may I ask?

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside
Marked as solution

Clearly not.

I believe it has to do with the need for Spotify's client to know what country the user is in. For example, Free customers can only use the app for 14 days at a time while out of their country of residence. This also has to do with international laws regarding copyright as some artists dont' want their music played in certain countries. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

It's doing this with all VPN service including one with an ip in your own country. The problem is that spotify think your connected over cellular when VPN is ON. To prove this connect to wifi and VPN and go in spotify music quality setting and switch on sync over cellular. Your music will sync over wifi and VPN.

Don't forget to turn this option off if your on a limited cellular data package.

Can't wait for spotify to fix this annoying bug.

Suggested posts