Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vanilla prepaid gift card not working to purchase premium subscription. Help, please.

Solved!

Vanilla prepaid gift card not working to purchase premium subscription. Help, please.

First post here, I just went out and bought a vanilla visa gift card because I do not have a bank account at the moment. I have activated it for online purchases. Everytime I try and buy a premium subscription it reads "Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again."  I have done this multiple times and still nothing, I have also tried to purchase a one moneth code and email it to myself and still get the same message. I have called my gift card companys customer service and they have confirmed my account is active and has a 20$ balance.

I would just like to listen to my spotify playlists offline and this is the whole reason I purchased the gift card, this is very frustrating. If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

What country are you in? 

Spotify gift cards are available in some countries which you can buy on the high street using any payment method and then redeem against your account. For more information and to see if they are available click here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

this is case #: 00483005..... my first email response from customer service was not very helpful. Would appreciate a response with a way to pay for a premium membership without a bank account.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

What country are you in? 

Spotify gift cards are available in some countries which you can buy on the high street using any payment method and then redeem against your account. For more information and to see if they are available click here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

United States. It looks like this is the only way I can pay for a premium subscription. Kind of a bummer, but oh well. Thanks for the help.

All you have to do is wait a day!!! I bought mine yesterday and it took a few hours for all functions to kick in for my vanilla prepaid card.

I also have a vanilla prepaid but it won't let me buy premium.. I really love music and it sucks how it won't work.. ugh

Suggested posts