Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vodafone Spotify premium offer - Transferring onto existing premium account

Vodafone Spotify premium offer - Transferring onto existing premium account

Hi,

I'm a long term Spotify Premium subscriber, yet I've just upgraded to one of Vodafone's new Red packages which gives me a free Spotify premium subscription for the length of the contract (24 months). They've informed me that this only applies to new accounts, however I was wondering if it was possible to apply the offer to my existing account? 

Alternatively I will cancel my current subscription and create a new account? Although I'd rather not.

Cheers,

J

21 Replies

They should be able to upgrade your account if it is a free account (I think that's how the systems work).

However, they may not. Disable your subscription, and then ask them to try and upgrade your account. The worst that could happen is that it doesn't work 🙂

Liam

P.S

Is that the 4G ready one?

Hi

I have the same issue- did you manage to sort something out?

Cheers 

B

Hi guys,

You should be able to add this Premium onto an existing Spotify account. However, your Spotify account will need to be a free account before you can do so.

If you need to cancel your current subscription, just head here. Once you start hearing ads again, you'll be able to add that Vodafone deal to your account.

If you'd like any help, just contact our accounts team. They'll be able to walk you through everything.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same issue. Just cancelled my premium account, will I now be able to sign up via Vodafone with the same account details and recover my playlists?

@michelabbink wrote:
I have the same issue. Just cancelled my premium account, will I now be able to sign up via Vodafone with the same account details and recover my playlists?

You will be able to add the Vodafone deal to your account on the 10th when your current Premium expires.  Your playlists will still be intact.

Hi there,

I have the same issue but was told by Vodafone it was an easy transition - it isn't!

As per Vodafone's instructions, I have cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription but it won't let me then register as a Vodafone client as it says I already have a Spotify Premium account!!

Do I now need to wait until my paid month finishes before I can opt for the Vodafone Spotify Premium package?

Thanks

Jez

Yes, once your existing Premium expires you can add the Vodaphone deal.

For anyone else looking for information about activating the Vodafone deal, all is outlined in this help page:
https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Vodafone-deal

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This help link is NOT useful, it has incorrect information ie. there is not a option for  ''am accepting a Premium offer from a Spotify partner''

The KEY piece of information for exisiting users is ''will this cancellation and resubscription mean that I lose all my playlists etc?''. This is not clarifyed. 

The KEY piece of information for exisiting users is ''will this cancellation and resubscription mean that I lose all my playlists etc?''. This is not clarifyed.

No, your playlists remain on your account no matter what subscription plan you are on. 😉

Peter

Hi

I am not 100% clear on the process - or sure if I paid for the year or monthly.

If I cancel my premium account how do I transfer to the freebee from Vodafone? Cancel. Wait. Then what?

Sorry - it would be good (potentially for evry wally like me) tp discover the exact steps...

Regards,

Just follow the steps here @graemelanglands :

https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Vodafone-deal

Peter

the following options were not there...

1. Select Click here to continue to the cancellation page.
  2. Select the cancellation option I am accepting a Premium offer from a Spotify partner.
  3. Click Cancel subscription.

The link to the VF site also doesn't give any clues as to where to sign up!?

Is your account definitely on Spotify Premium still on this page?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

You should be able to follow the links from there to manage then cancel your subscription if it is still active.

Peter

So I can cancel - then how do I re-enable with Voda?

@graemelanglands - According to the information from Vodafone if you are on a compatible tariff they will have email or texted you instructions:
http://www.vodafone.co.uk/lightbox/entertainment-pack-information-24/

Peter

I managed to close my account (family) and restart with the free 2 years subscription from Vodaophone. All works fine EXCEPT

I cant add Family

There is no optioon to do so

Spotify say its vodafone's issue and vodafone say its Spotify

All i want to do is add Family to my account and pay the extra

HELP!!!!

I managed to close my account (family) and restart with the free 2 years subscription from Vodaophone. All works fine EXCEPT

I cant add Family

There is no option to do so

Spotify say its vodafone's issue and vodafone say its Spotify

All i want to do is add Family to my account and pay the extra

HELP!!!!

I think if you cancel the Vodafone offer here: https://offers.vodafone.com/new/gb/offers

And associate your account on Spotify (again) with a different payment method you SHOULD be ok.

I say should because I don't know until I've tried.

Suggested posts