Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wanted new Premium deal for $0.99, got charged for $9.99

Wanted new Premium deal for $0.99, got charged for $9.99

Hi all,

I was a bit hasty on the purchase. (Sorry!)

I wanted the premium deal for $0.99 for 3 months, but was instead charged the $9.99 amount.

Was wondering if someone could help.

Perhaps I missed a detail somewhere?

Thanks,

TopRamen789

12 Replies

the same happen to me, and i dont find any information about that

Hello And welcome to the Community! 🙂
You were Warned a few times that you'll be purchased a few times... Anyway... You can contact The spotify Support here:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Good luck 😉

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

I need to know if we will get the subsciption for 0.99 cents or be charged for $9.99. If so I would like a refund.

i don't know but the regular price for the premium subscription is 9,99 $. Where did you saw the price of 0,99$? 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

I'm going to guess he saw the front page of the site showing a promotion of spotify premium for 3 months at $0.99

I believe that promotion is only valid for new people, that do not or have not had a premium/unlimited account. If you have already had premium in the past then it will not work. Otherwise I'm not sure.
Favorite bands: Keane, Two Door Cinema Club, Muse, Needtobreathe

It does say, once clicked, that it is for someone who has never had Spotify Premium before... Kind of sneaky.. commercial and front page does not make that clear, but when I went to sign up, it said << Not Eligible>> - I had to search around for any terms or conditions and FINALLY found this. NOT GOOD for CUSTOMER FRIENDLY stuff... false adverstising since it is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the ads, only when you try and sign up...

I had the same issue. This is false advertising! No where did it say about having a previous account (which I haven't).

I want the price quoted.

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 11.42.59.png

I suggest you contact support and talk to them about this

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

same thing happened to me hopefully they fixed this damage

Spoiler

Exact same thing to me bud, I'm extremely dissapointed. I never have had premium before aside from maybe the free week trial when you first make the account, but that was many months ago. Now I try getting premium for the special holiday deal but my reciept charges me 9.99 for one month!! And on top of that no customer line to give you immediate support!! Unbelieveable. I reallly wish this issue can be resolved. 

Same thing happened to me. The ad was misleading and it's one of the case where I should have read all the messages. After I realized it's only for new customers, I cancelled my premium subscription. I will end up paying $9.99 for a month.

Suggested posts