Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What should be the expected response time for support when I can't reset my password?

What should be the expected response time for support when I can't reset my password?

Out of nowhere I can't login to my premium account anymore. I try to reset my password but I never get an email. I've put in a support ticket with no response today. How many days should I expect to wait to get a response from customer service? Is it possible to get a credit for the days I can't use the service? Should I just dispute the credit card charge in a few days if I haven't heard anything?

3 Replies

Hi hodedofome1,

We aim for 24hrs but sometimes this does get breached.  I have picked up your case 2967850 and will be sending you a reply soon.

Sigh, 4 days since I replied to the email asking for my information to fix this and no response whatsoever...

2 separate emails I received on May 21

Hey ******,

Thanks for getting back to us. We'll be more than happy to help you get back into your account. Let's get started.

We took a look at your account and can see that you have 2 accounts:

1. Spotify Premium registered with the email address ********@gmail.com that you can access with your Spotify username "hodedofome" and password. On this account you have 50 playlists.

2. Spotify Free registered with the email address *********@gmail.com that you can access using your Facebook details. On this account you have no playlists.

There's a small difference on the email address of those 2 accounts which is most likely just a small mistake. What we'd suggest to do is close the Free account and update the email address on your Premium account if that isn't the correct one. Just confirm the following details so we can go ahead:

• Date of birth registered on your account.
  • Last 4 digits of payment card used.
  • Names of 3 of your playlists.
  • Correct email address

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Have an awesome day,

Ricardo

"Every life has a soundtrack." - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website? You can find it at https://support.spotify.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s). If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your computer.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0vt8wP:ref

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear that this has happened to you while using Spotify.  We will do our best to assist you.

We have been looking into your case and will investigate this further. We have taken the precaution to block all users from accessing your account while we are investigating.

In order for us to verify that you are the rightful owner, can you please provide us with following details:
  • The first receipt you've got from us when you signed up for Premium
  • The 4 last digits of the credit card registered on your Spotify account
Once we have the above information, we will proceed with the case at hand. In the meantime, we strongly suggest changing the password to your e-mail address.

Thanks.

Calvin

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website? You can find it at https://support.spotify.com

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0vt8wP:ref

So I responded to these and nothing. Absolutely nothing. For as nice as it is using Spotify, I've learned this past week that the way accounts work, and the way customer service works, is incredibly poor. I would expect much better from a service as big as they are. You would have thought they figured this out long ago.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts