Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why Spotify Lost me as a Premium Subscriber

Why Spotify Lost me as a Premium Subscriber

• Spotify constantly crashes on both my new MacBook Pro, and my new iPhone 6
  • When I've repeatedly written to Spotify about the issue, they tell me it's because I have and/or am subscribed to too many playlists. My playlist count is over 2000. They tell me that they recommend 500. So not only did I waste hours upon hours of my time either creating or following various playlists, Spotify wants me to invest yet more of my precious time to delete most of my hard work, to somehow get under 500 playlists 
  • Spotify seems to have a bias against those of us who own a lot of our own music. Why can we no longer see the size of the songs imported? For example, I want to see that I have X # of GB's, and I want to be able to sort by the song size (it helps to be able to get rid of songs that are very large files). It would also be helpful to be able to sort our local files by the size of the file, and the time of the song--these are basic features that Spotify used to have, and that are found on Apple Music, that are now gone for some reason and despite me writing to various people at Spotify—repeatedly—to please bring them back 
  • Why is it so difficult to remove a song from a playlist on either the iPhone or iPad? Spotify used to also have this very basic feature, and yet removed it for some reason. If you're listening to a playlist while out and about and a song comes up that you don't want on that playlist, you should be able to effortlessly remove that song. Some of us are still trying to have a "starred" "unstarred" experience that Spotify also took away for some reason.
  • Spotify also used to help in identifying track names. You could select all your imported files, and with a click, Spotify would tap into a database and identify the songs. That's yet another helpful feature that is now gone.
  • In short, when I joined Spotify as soon as it hit the USA, I was one of its biggest fans. I promoted it to all my friends and my large social network, repeatedly. Now, so many of the basic features are gone, and Spotify blames me and my playlists for its tech constantly crashing. 
  • I've repeatedly brought this up to "SpotifyCares" and to various leaders at the company, to no avail. They claim they forward what I have to say to the right department, but Spotify continues to crash, and none of these basic features are re-implement
  • However, I have noticed now that I can click "control F" to be able to search within a playlist and my imported files. This was another feature that Spotify used to have, then took away. But since I complained about it, it's now back! So I'm writing all this with the hopes that Spotify fixes the "500 limit" of playlists we can create an/dor follow, and addresses all these other issues. 
  • Also, I noticed recently that Spotify is trying to get me back with a "$9.99 for 3 months" offer. Yet when I click on it, it tries to charge me $9.99/month. It's very bait and swittch. 
  • This company just seems so shady to me. Don't tell me you care and that you forward these things to the proper dept and then do nothing. I'm sure I'm not alone in being annoyed that basic features that Spotify used to have are now missing, and that the app constantly crashes and Spotify blames me for it. These things are the reasons why Spotify lost me as a Premium Subscriber. 
0 Replies

Suggested posts