Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why am I still being charged?

Why am I still being charged?

So, I wanted to upgrade to the premium as a student. As I'm putting in my information, it says that it couldn't find my student information. So I assumed it didn't work. I go into my account & it's showing up a pending charge for the Spotify student discount. I go back to Spotify to see if I'm premium now but it still shows up that I'm a free subscriber still. What's going on?
1 Reply

Hi @talyja16. If your method of payment shows a charge but you never completed the transaction, and you do not have premium features, then you are most likely seeing a pre-authorization charge. The short version is that these are holds on your account to ensure that it does, and will contain enough funds to cover the transaction when Spotify actually claims the funds. If the transaction was never completed then the hold should be dropped within a few business days and no funds actually taken from your account. If you're interested in a more complete explanation then the Wikipedia article linked above should suffice. If the charge ultimately does not get dropped and you still do not have access to premium, then please reach out to me and I'll help get it sorted.

Suggested posts