Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

Hey Meredith,

I am deactivating my Facebook and I would like to see about options on how to either move all of my information over to a new account with a username login, of if I can disconnect my facebook from my account. I started using Spotify and used my Facbook to sign up, and I read above that if that happens I can't disconnect my facbook. If you could please help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

@McKenzeeK 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I would like to disconnect from FB but cannot because that's how I set it up originally.

Can I get a NEW account and have my playlists moved somehow??

I did this... I reached out directly to support. They ended my old account
but saved my music. I created a new account (same email), and they migrated
all of my music to my new account. I've had prime for a while but qualified
for a month of free prime. Bonus! Support was really helpful, responsive,
and easy to work with.

See above in the help that I received. If you email Spotify directly they
will arrange this for you. They are super helpful and reply promptly.
GL

@Clsr2Fn 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

yes i reinstalled the app, ive tried it on several different computers and am moving on to itunes radio...

I have an issue concerning my account and facebook, some years ago I signed up to Spotify through Facebook. I proceeded and deleted my Facebook for about a year and a half or so. Now for some reason my Spotify account won't properly re-link with my new Facebook account (with the same username as before petro1212). I'm guessing some data in causing a conflict.  Could you help me with this issue please because I've been annoyed with it for over a year (made three support tickets that came with a default how to link to facebook reply, which wasn't my question ugh!!!!). The friendslist does not work, image isn't displayed and name isn't displayed either.

I keep getting a Temp Error if I go to: https://www.spotify.com/nl/account/social/facebook/
I cannot discconect my "failing" Facebook connection either, the button doesn't show up anywere.

@petro1212 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. It would speed things ups. (8 digit number)

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @petro1212,

We're here to help.

We couldn't locate any ticket linked to your Community details.

Do you have a case # number from our support (8 digit number)? If you do, please post it here.

If not, please send me a private message with the email address you used to contact us and we'll can chase it up.

Thanks!

Hello

I can't connect my count with facebook 

When connect spotify with facebook only write "ok" in chrome.

Marked as solution

@imouro 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi guys,

I've had this problem for a while now and tried finding any solution to it whatsoever but there just doesn't seem to be any. I'll just list what's happened in cronological order.

1. Since a few years back i have a spotify account created without Facebook - miitrovic

2. I've had it connected to a Facebook profile of mine before, but since i stopped using facebook i deactivated it.

3. Last summer i used my username - miitrovic - to log into Spotify on one of my friends iPad, and somehow mistakenly connected it to his Facebook account.YES, i have since then tried logging out of all accounts but the issue still remains. Now, everytime i login with the username - miitrovic - the name of my friend(the one he uses in his Facebook profile) shows up in the right corner BUT not when entering my profile. Whilst in my profile the spotify username - miitrovic - is shown. Although, when the suggestions of friends shows up i still get his friends, as it seems to still be connected in some way. My followers and those i follow on spotify also still view my friends name, not my username,when seeing my activity and viewing my profile. After i few weeks of trying i gave up trying to correct this.

4. Later on deciding to create a new Facebook account for myself, i tried to link my new Facebook profile to my Spotify to see if this would make any difference.

The problem now is that upon entering the e-mail in use for that Facebook account, i get ''re-linked'' once again to my friends Facebook profile and not mine, disregarding the fact that he has a completely different e-mail address. It is as the login is completed and succeeds, but i get connected to his Facebook profile and not mine. It suddenly shows that I am connected to a Facebook profile, and that profile is my friends and not mine.

5. To see if there may have been a problem due to the fact with the deactivition of my old Facebook profile, i tried activating it once again to try and login and link the spotify account with the e-mail/Facebook account due to those two having been used together before. Once again i got linked to his Facebook profile and not mine. I am completely out of ideas, help me please?

The wrong Facebook account's been connected with my spotify account. How can i change it to my own? Thanks

@raym1 

Login to the desktop app and go to the settings page. There should be an option to disconnect Facbook

MattSudaSpotify Star

I recently made a new facebook, but I didn't realize that my spotify account couldn't be transferred over to my new facebook account. Is there anything I can do aside from cancelling my subscription and signing up with my new facebook information?

@Meatsmeat 

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I already tried this several times on my own, but it still links to my boyfriend's Facebook. It's all the same on his computer, my computer, and my phone -doesn't matter where I sign in or if I sign in with my Facebook info or my regular Spotify login info. It always links up to his Facebook account, shows his Facebook photo, and when I try to share things to Facebook from Spotify, it does it through his Facebook account. I even tried logging out (of Facebook and Spotify) on all the devices I've used my account on and logging back into all of them (both with Facebook and with regular Spotify login info). Didn't work. Not sure what else to do. =/

@xrockangelx 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks! I noticed this helpful tip in your previous comments after I posted
mine and followed it. Waiting for a reply. 🙂

Suggested posts