Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

@TapaniTuomo wrote:

I managed to get the spotify to connected to FB by going to my fathers spotify(on his iPad) and adding it to my Fb and then logged in somehow to my own on my computer . When i logged in to my profile, it was on FB, but my playlists were gone. Then I went to my friends page, who had followed one of my playlists, and followed my own playlist. Then It asked that do i want to follow "115..etc", which is my profile. So now I am following myself. This is very weird. Then i went to the profile of the number series, which is me, and now i have my playlists back. But how do i disconnect my FB from my fathers spotify on iPad. I think that i have 2spotify accounts connected to same FB........

It does sound that way, if you get in touch with the link above the Spotify team will be able to merge those accounts for you and recover your old playlists. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

I tried to get in contact with Spotify via the contact form but all I get is a reference to FAQ's and the user forum. Do you know of any other ways?

Thx,

Per

@peralnefelt wrote:

Peter,

I tried to get in contact with Spotify via the contact form but all I get is a reference to FAQ's and the user forum. Do you know of any other ways?

Thx,

Per

Just reply directly to the email which directs you to the community (even if its from no-reply) and someone will pick up your case as soon as possible 😉 

Peter

Peter

This is a bit of a weird one.

I signed up without facebook and afterwards i connected it to facebook. Then a few days ago spotify changed my name and picture to a another facebook account.

I deactivated it and tried to connect to my real one.

The picture is changed but the name remains.

I tried to reinstall as well, but still the same problem. How can I get my real name or just the nickname back?

Thanks

@Eschlov wrote:

This is a bit of a weird one.

I signed up without facebook and afterwards i connected it to facebook. Then a few days ago spotify changed my name and picture to a another facebook account.

I deactivated it and tried to connect to my real one.

The picture is changed but the name remains.

I tried to reinstall as well, but still the same problem. How can I get my real name or just the nickname back?

Thanks

Hey 🙂 

That is just a caching issue, on the servers it can take some time to update! As long as your picture is correct it should correct to your real name within 24 hours 😉 

Peter

Peter

I had a user name before I connected to Facebook. I disconnected from FB so I could have a private session. I still sign in with my FB email and password, but none of my FB friends are there. Nowhere is there an option "reconnect to FB." Thanks for your help! 

@Deadlinguist wrote:

I had a user name before I connected to Facebook. I disconnected from FB so I could have a private session. I still sign in with my FB email and password, but none of my FB friends are there. Nowhere is there an option "reconnect to FB." Thanks for your help! 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you are logging in using your Facebook email then you will be logging into your Facebook account, so there is no need to "Connect" that account to Facebook.

I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to dig into this a little closer for you, see what is going on!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi, my Spotify is totally messed up, i am a Premium user for almost 2 years, but now it says i have a 48 hour trial and all my playlists are gone!.. WTF is going on? I usually log in using my Facebook..

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly and they will be able to point you in the right direction 😉 

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter, im checking it out right now..

Hey

I have the same issue, my mother-in-law's (sigh) facebook is connected to my spotify account (username: hawox), and basicly hijacked all my followers 😉

I've tried to disconnect from preferences and logged on again my own, but now her name shows, but my facebook picture is shown (upper right corner).

Help?

@Hawox wrote:

Hey

I have the same issue, my mother-in-law's (sigh) facebook is connected to my spotify account (username: hawox), and basicly hijacked all my followers 😉

I've tried to disconnect from preferences and logged on again my own, but now her name shows, but my facebook picture is shown (upper right corner).

Help?

Hey 🙂 

No need to worry, that is just the servers taking a little time to catch up, your account will be connected correctly. It should fix itself back to your name within the next 24 hours 😉 

Peter

Peter

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to detach my friends facebook account (lisa.panther.3) as I'm seeing my content.  When I try to connect to my facebook account (kiran127) it gives the error "Sorry kiran127, it's not possible to connect to this facebook account.".  When I click on resolve it sends me back to this solution (https://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#!/article/My-Spotify-is-connected-to-wrong-Facebook-account).

Please please help!!!

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should hopefully be able to get that sorted out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter.  Looked everywhere for a contact form.

I've just logged out of Spotify but it won't allow me to reconnect.  I have a new Facebook account.  I have a Premium Spotify account through Virgin Mobile.

I'd like to be able to keep my subscription and playlists but have the Spotify account connected to my new Facebook account.  Is this possible please?

Hi!

Someone connected their facebook to my spotify account, I have tried your course of action with disabling to facebook then reconnecting to facebook with my own facebook but it is till not working!

Grateful for any help!

TarotByMichael - Sorry for no one replying, if you get in touch here someone will be able to help you out with that. 

folsson - What issue are you having exactly? If its your name on your profile not updating, be aware it can take a little time for the Spotify servers to update to the changes. 

Peter

Peter

Hi,

When i login in with my Spotify account, my girlfriends name is showing instead of mine aswell as her Facebook picture.

I've tried disconnect from Facebook in preferences, but the problem still exists.

I do not own a Facebook account, and do not want Spotify to be connected to Facebook in any way.

Thankful for help.

Best wishes from Alex

@alexanderdahlbo wrote:

Hi,

When i login in with my Spotify account, my girlfriends name is showing instead of mine aswell as her Facebook picture.

I've tried disconnect from Facebook in preferences, but the problem still exists.

I do not own a Facebook account, and do not want Spotify to be connected to Facebook in any way.

Thankful for help.

Best wishes from Alex

If you have disconnected it can sometimes take up to 24 hours for her information to disappear from your profile, since the servers take a little time to catch up. A clean reinstallation can sometimes fix it though!

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts