Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

hauwerine - I've just done a bit of behind-the-scenes work on your account. Please try signing out and signing back in. 

Just out of curiosity, which step gave you trouble? Did the button in your Preferences Page change from 'Disconnect to Facebook' back to 'Connect to Facebook'?

mialouise - In order for us to help with your two accounts you'll need to use our contact form. From there a CS agent can help sort this all out. 

Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem than this one, could help me to resolve it?

Last night my dad asked me to sign in to my spotify account on our HP tablet. I didn't realize that he had already made an account so when I connected to facebook, his account was then connected to my facebook. When I logged in to spotify today none of my playlists were there and when I looked at my account settings they were all for his email and password. I tried to change them back to what my original email was but it said it was already taken. I tried disconnecting my facebook from my dads account and trying to log back in how I normally do, but spotify is treating my facebook like a new account even though I used my facebook for spotify just yesterday. I found my account number,1259692994, and i tried to log in with that but it wont let me. Please help!!! My playlists have over 1000 songs on them 😞

Best regards,

Maxime.

Please note that it seems i cannot read my private messages, so i do prefer an answer on this post 🙂

Thank you,

Maxime.

Hi, and yes. same problem as a few guys before me. 

So.. My beloved girlfriend linked her fb to my spotify account. I did the preferences thing, and it says "connect to facebook" but she's still logged in. 

Account: kristianasplund

Help much is appreciated!  

Hello,

Did the other one get their account back with all the songs, playlists,...?

Maxime Delhaye.

My cousin's, Ryan, account ended up linking to mine.  I followed the instructions on this thread and disconnected from Facebook.  Afterwhich I created a new Facebook Spotify account and used the contact form to request that my playlists be recovered and restored.  My old account and my new one are both linked to the same e-mail address. How long does it usually take for the playlist recoveries to occur?

Hi guys,

We'll need a few personal details to sort these issues out, so it's best if you contact customer support here. If you receive an auto-response, just reply to it. Your case will come straight through.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

I need to dissociate my FB account from my new (2 months) premium Spotify account.  I don't care about the few playlists I have because the account is very new.

I'm definitely signed in via FB in the Windows Spotify application, but when I view the Preferences page, there's no "Social Network" section at all, and no option to disconnect from Facebook that I can find.  The sections on the preferences page are:

Activity Sharing

Language

Local Files

Playback

Cache

Proxy

Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer.

Music announcements

My Spotify version is 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8.  Is there some other way I can access this?

Thanks!

@mykemurfy wrote:

Hi,

I need to dissociate my FB account from my new (2 months) premium Spotify account.  I don't care about the few playlists I have because the account is very new.

I'm definitely signed in via FB in the Windows Spotify application, but when I view the Preferences page, there's no "Social Network" section at all, and no option to disconnect from Facebook that I can find.  The sections on the preferences page are:

Activity Sharing

Language

Local Files

Playback

Cache

Proxy

Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer.

Music announcements

My Spotify version is 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8.  Is there some other way I can access this?

Thanks!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you have a Spotify account created using Facebook, then it is not possible to disconnect that Spotify account from Facebook. I wrote a tutorial about how you can disconnect from Facebook here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter.  I just decided to cancel subscription & create another one as suggested.

Very odd to have to do that, but at least I didn't have playlists set up yet so it was easy enough.

Thanks!

-Mike

Hi there - Just want to help shed some light on this. 

The reason you're not seeing the 'Social Network' section is because you created your account via Facebook. That's why there's no 'Disconnect from Facebook' option--you can't. 

Users that registered via an email address/ have a unique usename will have this option. 

Hi !

I add trouble since middle december with 2 account mixed and the picture of my friend etc...

This is ok since i found this thread and changed the "Social" in preference.

Still i have a few trouble :

All my playlists are gonne

I really hope you can put it back even if it's allmost a month since i lost them. I ve been long because you told me to contatc you by the contact form, and i m still waiting for a reply...

Account number is :

1163611473    (and by the way, when i check in my  C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users folder i see : 1163611473-user instead of my name)

Really hope you can fix the playlist trouble !

And also, now the "Social line desappeared from my preferences panel 🙂

Thanks for the help,

Fred.

Ok and i just noticed t hat the email in my settings on the forum is not the good one, it's artocratie@gmail.com instead of fred_kreder@hotmail.com

It's strange, on the main spotify site it's the good mail, and it's ok to connect to spotify desktop with it, but on the forum it's artocratie...

If you please could also correct  this...

Thanks !

Hi DocteurK - We can help but it will need to go via the contact form

When you first wrote to us did you get an automated message? If so, just reply back to that message. 

Your case will then reach one of our agents. 

Lol it's been a month since i wait for any sign of reply from you...

You're sure you can't do anything ?

It seems that you can do something for lost playlists...

:'(

i checked and i do have from you, but it's from a no-reply email...

So i have to reply to no-reply mail ... ???

Hey DocteurK!

I know it seems strange to answer to a no-reply mail, but that's exactly what you have to do. Your query will then get directed to a member of the Spotify staff.

I need help please, my friend got me a spotify premium and I linked it to my facebook which had my old spotify account, now whenever I try to log in it won't work and I can't change my playlists or anything. I see my old account but I can't log into it, I've tried deconnecting it from facebook but nothing seems to work. How do I get my old spotify account back?

Ther eis no Sosial Networks under Preferences in Spotify desktop app. so what are you talking about??

@JOOttesen wrote:

Ther eis no Sosial Networks under Preferences in Spotify desktop app. so what are you talking about??

You will only see that option if you are logged into a dedicated Spotify account which is linked to Facebook and not if you are logged in using a spotify account created using Facebook.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts