Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

Hey there,

I could use some help/advice. My little brother got Premium over 1 year ago, however, he doesn't use it anymore. I on the other hand do. Therefore we've agreed to connect the account to my facebook acount.

Is this possible without deactivating the Premium subscription, and then getting a fresh subscription?

If not, how long will this take?

Thanks for reading ^^,

Rijk

duckboy74 - I've removed your post as I've already helped you here.

Aecelot - As your brother set up his account via Facebook this won't be possible. You'll need to create a new account via our sign up page

You can upgrade that account to Premium from your subscription page. Of course your brother can cancel his own subscription at any time. 

If you want to keep those playlists you can follow all of the ones he's already created. 

Hi

I have deleted my facebook account to which my spotify was linked to and would like to transfer my playlists to an account with my new facebook login details is this possible and if yes how so?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should hopefully be able to do this for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello!  I have deleted my facebook acount, and made me a new one. (with different e-mail) But now it's unable to connect to facebook and friends!? Please help me!

Hi L0cA - Have you tried going via your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

Are you not seeing the 'Connect to Facebook' option?

Ive just heard from multiple friends that theres an entirely random name that ive never heard of that is linked to my accout. I have no facebook linked to my account, nor do I have facebook anymore. Could you please remove this name, and if any has to be there, it should say: Mikal Svendsen

Thanks

Hi misv - All you need to do is go to your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

If there's a Facebook linked to your account just click 'Disconnect from Facebook'. 

Yeah I checked that now, no facebook bound to my account. So what then could be the reason?

Help

Hi,

I was having trouble sharing music a couple weeks ago, so I clicked the "Disconnect from Facebook" box, and I was booted out of Spotify. When I tried logging back in, all of my playlists were gone, as well as all of my friends and the musicians that I followed. I've tried troubleshooting a bit on my own, and when I share music now it comes from a different account. Could someone please help me connect to my orginal account?

misv - That's odd indeed. I'm going to send you a direct message now. That way we can troubleshoot this is bit more easily via email. 

Karanrose101 - What exactly can we help you with? I can see @hammeh got back to you in this post on Friday: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Support/m-p/277884#M37228

Ashlandpat - Disconnecting from Facebook won't remove your playlists. Please just be sure you're logging in with your Spotify username (not your email). 

Please disconnect my account from facebook too.

Hi Holzroller2k - Welcome to the Community!

I've just moved your post to this more relevant thread. Right now you're not linked to Facebook. You can edit this in the future from your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

@meahtenoha wrote:

misv - That's odd indeed. I'm going to send you a direct message now. That way we can troubleshoot this is bit more easily via email. 

Hi again misv! Did you ever get that email I sent to your personal inbox? 

If this is still happening for you please let us know. 

Hi, I'm experiencing a circle of password reset problems.  I am trying to link my Spotify account to my facebook account again.  Problem is, when trying to do this on my mac, it creates a second account, and when I try to do it on my ipod, it asks me for my Spotify credentials (even when I log in using facebook).  When I go online on my mac to reset my Spotify password (I've forgotten it), it asks me if I'm using Facebook to log in, and wants me to reset my facebook password.  But this does no good, as I get the same circle of problems.  

Any help?

Hmm, looks strange. If you could contact us here, we'll be able to look into it a little further. If you get an auto-response, just reply and it will come straight through.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey can you help plz i link my facebook up to spotify and i pay for the premium i then got a new facebook and used the same e-mail address as my other one and now i want to delate that one so i can put my premium on my new facebook because at the min i am paying for something i can nt listen to because i can nt get onto my old facebook any more 

OK without realizing what I was doing and before I knew you can't switch Facebook accounts if you used it to sign up I signed up for Spotify Premium with the wrong Facebook account...I already have several Playlists that Id like to keep...is there anyway of transferring my subscription and playlists to my other account?

laura1234 - Looks like you've got a number of accounts with us. Not to worry. Just write us via contact form the so we can help. 

00scrimp - Sure, we can help here. You'll need to use the contact form too.

Please note, if you get an auto reply sending you to the FAQ just reply back directly to that email. 

Suggested posts