Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

ok i can t connect to my premium account since 5 days

no response of support since 5 days

i think i create a facebook account with my email :[snip - email]

i want to delete my facebook account and loggin with my username : vaisse

thank you 

Hello!

I have the same problem, I don't have a "disconnect from facebook" button in my preferences menu. I want to delete my facebook account because I'm not using the application anymore but I want to keep my spotify account! And when I delete my facebook account, I cannot no longer access my spotify account. I don't want to create another spotify account because I have a subscription and I care for my playlists a lot. Can you help me, please?

Thank you!

vaisse - Looks like Sam was already able to help in another thread. 

madeleine07 - Since you opened your account through your Facebook you won't have the 'Disconnect from Facebook' option. If you want to create a whole new account head over to the sign up page. Visit the contact form if you need help later with your playlists.  

Hello Meredith,

I don't want to delete my spotify account. I want to change the facebook account attached to it. I'm paying for a subscription to spotify premium so I don't want to create another spotify account!

Thank you for your help

Madeleine

Hi, 

i have a duplicate account but i can't remeber the username. I'm using facebook login (free) and the other account is a premiumaccount:( 

How can i find my missing username? 

Regards 

madeleine07 - Ok, no problem. You'll just need to get in touch via the contact form so we can help set up that new account. 

RobertS - I'm going to send you a PM with your username. Keep an eye on your Community inbox. 

I have two face book accounts with the same user name I have been on this service from days before facebook.

One acount goes to hotmail which is the one i signed up to here and pay for and the othere goes to Yahoo which I dont pay for.

I now have been swaped by you guys to the yahoo account and have lost all my music and my account history .so therfore I am paying for a service I cant use. I have sent emails to your coustomer surport. please come back and tell me what i can do thank you.

Hi hughsc - All that's happened is you've made a second account via your Facebook. 

Please follow the steps outlined in this post: Missing playlists/ Premium disappeared using your 'hughsc' username. 

Hi! I deleted my facebook account that was linked to my spotify account. i made a new facebook and I'm trying to connect it to the new one and i'm having sooo much trouble. I don't understand why it's so complicated! HELP

@PrestonPickett wrote:

Hi! I deleted my facebook account that was linked to my spotify account. i made a new facebook and I'm trying to connect it to the new one and i'm having sooo much trouble. I don't understand why it's so complicated! HELP

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

When you first registered for Spotify, did you get a dedicated Spotify username and password or did you create your Spotify account using Facebook (and therefore log in using your Facebook details)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there,

I've had Spotify for years, probably since it first started out and my log-on is not connected to facebook yet when I log on as myself it says I'm logged on as my girlfriend.... I've disconnected it from facebook but that's not solved it - why is it not recognising that it's me logged on, under my own sign in/passwork and not through facebook?

Cheers
K

Hi there,

I've had Spotify for years, probably since it first started out and my log-on is not connected to facebook yet when I log on as myself it says I'm logged on as my girlfriend.... I've disconnected it from facebook anyway but that's not solved it - why is it not recognising that it's me logged on, under my own sign in/password and not as if I'm signed in as my gf through facebook?

Cheers
K

@mrteeth wrote:

Hi there,

I've had Spotify for years, probably since it first started out and my log-on is not connected to facebook yet when I log on as myself it says I'm logged on as my girlfriend.... I've disconnected it from facebook anyway but that's not solved it - why is it not recognising that it's me logged on, under my own sign in/password and not as if I'm signed in as my gf through facebook?

Cheers
K

It could be a little bit of data being stored by your client. 

Does a clean reinstallation of the client help?

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the quick reply, it's quite frustrating but if that's all I can do will try your suggestion over the weekend and come back if there are any problems.

K

Doesn't work

Hi, I signed up for Spotify years ago and have the premium service and originally signed up with a standard username, not linked to Facebook. At a later point I did link to Facebook and I seem to remember that worked fine.

But, recently my son has been using my Spotify account and must have linked his Facebook to it. I have been into Preferences and unlinked FB then re-linked with my FB but this hasn't worked properly. In the top right I can see my FB picture but his name to the left of it and if I click on his name it opens his profile, with his picture and a list of which artists he is following. Somehow Spotify is still linked to him! Please can someone advise how to correct this. Thanks.

@yabadaba wrote:

Hi, I signed up for Spotify years ago and have the premium service and originally signed up with a standard username, not linked to Facebook. At a later point I did link to Facebook and I seem to remember that worked fine.

But, recently my son has been using my Spotify account and must have linked his Facebook to it. I have been into Preferences and unlinked FB then re-linked with my FB but this hasn't worked properly. In the top right I can see my FB picture but his name to the left of it and if I click on his name it opens his profile, with his picture and a list of which artists he is following. Somehow Spotify is still linked to him! Please can someone advise how to correct this. Thanks.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Try disconnecting from Facebook in your preferences again, then, perform a clean reinstallation of the Spotify client and then connect to your own Facebook again. Does that help?

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately that hasn't helped. Even with the FB account disconnected it still shows my son's name in the top right and if I click on that it brings up his picture and his followers and 'Facebook Friends on Spotify'!

If I go to Account then it's my details there. How does his name appear in the top right / where is the link to his name and friends/followers?? I can't see anywhere under Account/profile where it even asks for your name...just email address. So, I guess the link to his FB must still be active even though the FB link is showing as disconnected in preferences. 

If I connect to FB with my details then the little picture to the right of HIS name is my FB picture...but that's as far as the link with my FB account goes.

Try e-mailing Spotify support. Thats what I did after basically had done everything

I'm disconnected from facebook and it still shows the wrong name and picture - getting v v annonyed may go back to buying discs!!!!!

Suggested posts