Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook name and photo

Solved!

Wrong Facebook name and photo

Somehow my girlfriend's Facebook account ended up linked to my Spotify profile. So I disconnected my Spotify from Facebook and reconnected it to my Facebook. So now my correct photo shows up on my desktop Spotify app but my name is still wrong. I've restarted my computer, restarted the app, logged out of the app and back in, deleted and reinstalled the app. I don't know how to fix this issue. Please help? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

How long has it been since you reconnected? Please note it sometimes can take up to 24h for it to change. Once tha 24h is up, try another re log in and/or reinstall and hopefully you'll be all set, just let me know if it hasn't changed after 24h!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Do you happen to remember your username? 

If not, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form including any email addresses you may have used to register and they can do a quick search for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

How long has it been since you reconnected? Please note it sometimes can take up to 24h for it to change. Once tha 24h is up, try another re log in and/or reinstall and hopefully you'll be all set, just let me know if it hasn't changed after 24h!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hello...am hoping for a little help. I recently deactivated my fb account, and was not able to access spotify. Since reactivating my fb account, I am showing up as an anonymous number., rather than with my fb name...and minus my photo...How can I correct this?

Thank you,

Dawn

@user-removed wrote:

Hello...am hoping for a little help. I recently deactivated my fb account, and was not able to access spotify. Since reactivating my fb account, I am showing up as an anonymous number., rather than with my fb name...and minus my photo...How can I correct this?

Thank you,

Dawn

Hey there! 

How are you logging into Spotify? Spotify details or via Facebook? Sometimes it take about 24 hours to retrieve your Facebook info.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I can't remember my Spotify info...so for the past year I have been only logging in via facebook. So my facebook pic and my ID should appear, as it always does. But right now, it's only showing the coded numbers and no photo. :o/ But maybe it will appear later. 

Is there a way to retrieve my original set-up, so I don't have to go through fb? Every time I have tried, it gives me some weird message and says i need to go through fb again. But when I log into fb, I don't see anywhere to make changes.

Sorry, I'm quite technologically challenged, ha...

But sure appreciate your help:).

@user-removed - What do you mean by original setup? Did you used to have a Spotify account you could log into separate to Facebook?

Peter

I believe so...thought I had one setup through my email address alone...

Marked as solution

Do you happen to remember your username? 

If not, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form including any email addresses you may have used to register and they can do a quick search for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts