Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong country

Wrong country

Hi! 

I live in Otterberg, Germany, but spotify thinks that I live in the Great Britain - so I couldn't install the spotify app on my android device. I couldn't switch my country in the profile - selector is just disabled. 

How it could be done?

Profil bearbeiten   Spotify.png
4 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify community, 

Do you have Spotify Premium or are you a free user? You can check your subscription status here. 

If you have Spotify Premium it is possible you may be using a billing address from Great Britain if so try updating your payment details with a billing address in Germany. 

If you are using the free version try changing your account details to Germany. It looks like you already tried doing this, but in order for this to work you must currently be in the country for the IP address to register. 

Here is a link with more specific information and instruction from an article on the support site. 

If after all of that it still is not allowing you to switch your country reply back and let me know if you are a free or premium user and I will try figure out a way to fix this.  

Hello! Thank you!

I have a "Spotify Premium" account. 

I've checked all the account settings but couldn't find where can I adjust billing address, sorry.

Thank you!

It looks like I have a clue! 

I've just paid one service through paypal (with the same bank account which registered in the Spotify), and Paypal considered my bank as an Englisch bank and convert my money through GBP despite I have an euro account ( Extra costs but not a big deal =/ ). I have an account in the Wired bank, it's a european branch of the american Payoneer bank system. In the details of my bank account I see the Germany as a homeland for the bank, but it seems that many international institutions consider the bank as a british, not german (I don't know why).

During this week I'll order a new account in a _real_ German bank, but they work quite slowly so it could take a few weeks to deal with. 

Could somebody from the Spotify support manually switch my country to the Germany for one month? After that I'll update the bank account data to the new one and probably it will be solved. 

Thank you!

UP.

This is THREE WEEKS AGO created issue.

There is still no changes. I've tried few times to update my payments details but I still couldn't change my country from GB to a proper one, Germany, and, therefore, I still coudn't use spotify on my mobile phone.

Is it how Spotify support their premium account users? Well done, guys. 

Suggested posts