Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

You have synchronized more than 3 devices.

You have synchronized more than 3 devices.

Hello,
I am using Spotify Premium and I know that it provides me with the possibility to sync 3 devices. So I go to my account page and use the offline devices tab to completely delete all devices that I had before. However, this does not make my Android phone sync to Spotify and it still says that I have synced more than 3 devices. At the same time, all downloaded playlists were indeed deleted both on my PC and phone. I searched for that and saw that moderators can help me reset my devices so may I ask for that little favor?

9 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

You may also try the logout everywhere function.

To logout everywhere, please go to your account page, and click the Sign out everywhere button to logout all devices that are connected to your account.

If that doesn't help for you, you may get in touch with Spotify so they can sort this out for you.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Once you clear out your offline devices on the website, you normally need to log out and back into the other apps before it will let you sync them.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I tried logging off after clearing all devices and I never got my phone showing uder devices in the client. However, it managed to sync 1 time somwhow and after that just the same problem continued.

I've been having a similar problem to this when trying to sync platlists to my phone. this is the only phone I've had Spotify on and I only run Spotify on this phone, my work PC and myhome PC. When I check offline devices, it seems to show my phone multiple times, even though it's all the same device. Tried removing all offline devices, then logging out on the phone, then logging back in and syncing the playlists again, but it's as if it's reading the phone as a different device each time it changes from the work wireless connection, 4G and my home wireless connection. 

Hey @StePalminall when you go to your offline devices settings here how many devices do you see: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/how-do-i-remove-my-offline-devices/?in=sear...

Are you currently able to set playlists offline on your phone?

Right now it's showing 2 devices, my Android phone, despite the fact I'm currently syncing playlists on this device, and a WinLaptop, which is in fact the work PC I'm using Spotify to listen to music on right now.

I can set playlists to sync, and they will sync and show that they're downloading/have downloaded, then as soon as I leave my workplace and switch from a WiFi connection to my 4G connection, it will show another Android phone in the offline devices and will show the "You have synchronized to more than 3 devices" message, meaning I then have to sync the playlists again.

And now I've left the range of my work Wi-Fi connection, I have another offline Android phone in offline devices and when re-opening Spotify on my phone the 3 playlists I'd synced are no longer synced. I know it's not phone memory as I've set the app to use my 64gb card which has 46+ gb free. I know it's not other devices using my account as this was my first suspicion and I removed all offline devices, used the "Sign out on all devices" facility and changed my password. I can only put it down to Spotify using an IP address as a device identifier and picking up each instance of me switching from work WiFi to 4G to home WiFi as a new device, even though it's the same device on different connections.

I have the exactly same problem. The system recognyzes diferents IP as diferents devices. Every time i change to my home wifi i have to download allthe offline stuff again. Its anoying. I have the spotify in two andriod devices and a note book.

I am facing the same problem. Spotify sees the same device as 3 different devices and automatically deleted all my offline content. This is absolutely annoying.

Solution please!!!!

Suggested posts