Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Zip code invalid

Solved!

Zip code invalid

I am trying to rebuy premium after taking a hiatus but I can't get through the zip code screen. It's saying its invalid but it's not. I live in the US, am using a US zip code, and I am currently in the US trying to buy this so what is the problem?? I need this before my flight in 30 minutes.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys! Welcome to the community 🙂

The number of reports of this issue lately have been tiny so my guess is it was solved after this was posted in the past. For now, if you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get those ZIP codes changed on your accounts manually..

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

LOL I found a fix. Press enter after putting in the zip code. It still says invalid zip and the button wont work, but pushing enter does the trick. 

Marked as solution

Well holy balls, I pressed enter and magically everything is better >.>

I feel derpy, but hey it worked. I hope anybody else who has this issue sees that bit.

If not here it is again

1. Choose card type

2. Put postal code in

3. Press enter

4. Profit...well for spotify at least 😉

70 Replies

@Mljndn wrote:
I am trying to rebuy premium after taking a hiatus but I can't get through the zip code screen. It's saying its invalid but it's not. I live in the US, am using a US zip code, and I am currently in the US trying to buy this so what is the problem?? I need this before my flight in 30 minutes.

Hey 🙂 

Is your country set as USA when you log into your online profile

Peter

Peter

My country is set to usa

In that case, I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to investigate what is wrong a little closer for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I am trying to purchase a Premium Spotify subscription.

https://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/go/premium/?utm_source=Spotify&utm_medium=website&utm_campaig...

At the bottom, it says I need to enter a zip code to proceed. No matter what zip code I enter, whether it's mine, my old one, or just a random zip code from any state I cannot click the button to "confirm purchase" - it is greyed out and red text appears below saying "Your zip code is invalid." I thought it might be a browser issue, so I loaded up the ol' IE and it didn't work on that browser either - same issue.

I just want to purchase a subscription so I can listen on my phone, but I can't for this reason.

I'm having the same problem. Do you guys plan on fixing this anytime soon?

I am having the exact same issue. I really want to get the Premium subscription, but yall really need to fix this retarded zip code problem. it says invalid zip code the moment you click on the field. you don't even get a chance to type the first number

Hi everyone!

I'll escalate this topic over to the Staff over at Spotify, so hopefully they can diagnose and fix the problem.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I just recently bought a $10 Spotify Gift Card from Target and I went to the redeem page. It told me to type in my postal code. I tried typing it in, but it said "Your zip code is invalid", even thought it's my correct zip code. Why is this? I really need some help! 😞

@user-removed wrote:

I just recently bought a $10 Spotify Gift Card from Target and I went to the redeem page. It told me to type in my postal code. I tried typing it in, but it said "Your zip code is invalid", even thought it's my correct zip code. Why is this? I really need some help! 😞

We're aware of some issues with this at the moment. What web browsers have you tried? Check with Google Chrome if you haven't already as that's normally the most reliable.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I had this issue as well.

I fixed this problem by:

Finding the "How can I change my country setting?"

After you are in your setting click on the subscription tab.

Then click on the resubsribe button and you'll put in your card info for confirmation.

after that you'll select your subsription so they can validate it

if you are linked with facebook you'll then put in your passwork and "PRESTO!" I'm on 2.0

Only took me 5 minutes to figure out.

Follow me on vine, twitter, instagram @BuddyLoveATL_ if this works for you. 🙂 

Don't forget to shout me out.

That is definitely a valid ZIP code. Why can't upgrade to premium? I tried three other Dallas area ZIPs as well.

Zip Code Invalid

Hi RSIxidor - I've just moved your post to this similar thread. 

We're aware some users are running into this issue. Our team is on the case. Please keep an eye right here for any updates. 

In the meantime, have you given it a try on a different browser?

Hi guys! How is this working for you now?

What happens when you clear your internet browser cache?

I had the same problem until i just used google chrome and it worked perfectly

I had this issue as well.

I fixed this problem by:

Finding the "How can I change my country setting?"

After you are in your setting click on the subscription tab.

Then click on the resubsribe button and you'll put in your card info for confirmation.

after that you'll select your subsription so they can validate it

if you are linked with facebook you'll then put in your passwork and "PRESTO!" I'm on 2.0

Only took me 5 minutes to figure out.

Follow me on vine, twitter, instagram @BuddyLoveATL_ if this works for you. 🙂 

Don't forget to shout me out.

This method 100% works! You go to HELP type in the search box "How do I find my country" and then click that link, did the steps above and just typed in my zip and the button did not change color and it went immediately ( for me ) to paypal. I am using firefox. This is a great work around!!

Yes, I was having the zip code issue too. On spotify I went to Help/Your Account/Edit Profile, then scrolled down where it says "To change your profile country you'll need to update your payment details." I clicked on that, entered my zip code and payment info, clicked Change, then on the next page I chose a spotify premium subscrition. Now I am a premium member!

Yes, I was having the zip code issue too. On spotify I went to Help/Your Account/Edit Profile, then scrolled down where it says "To change your profile country you'll need to update your payment details." I clicked on that, entered my zip code and payment info, clicked Change, then on the next page I chose a spotify premium subscrition. Now I am a premium member!

I've tried chrome & safari, my country is set to USA. no luck! 

thanks

Thanks lotsalori--we're following this up again now. I'll post here when we have another update for you. 

Thanks for your patience while we sort this out!

Suggested posts