Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • nord_a
  • Casual Listener
  • 950 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 950 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution My username changed itself to random characters

I've been using the same (free) account for three years and never changed my username or password. Today I opened spotify only to find out that I've been logged out and when I tried to log in it said that I'm using invalid username or password. After...

• Visitor
  • I've been using the same (free) account for three years and never changed my username or password. Today I opened spotify only to find out that I've been logged out and when I tried to log in it said...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

JolinaV_MNL

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Forgot Password! Can't log in

Hi. Yesterday, I did a very strange thing. I decided to log out of my Spotify Account, without knowing what my password was. Some of you might just tell me to have a reset password link to my email, but sadly, I can't. There are a few reasons, which ...

• Regular
  • Hi. Yesterday, I did a very strange thing. I decided to log out of my Spotify Account, without knowing what my password was. Some of you might just tell me to have a reset password link to my email, ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I don't have account access

I asked my son to start a subscription, but he started with an account he used to use in the past and today he no longer has access to email, when he realized it was this account he simply switched accounts, but somehow when I do my subscription in a...

• I asked my son to start a subscription, but he started with an account he used to use in the past and today he no longer has access to email, when he realized it was this account he simply switched a...
  • freddieevaready
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Use my Display Name not my random Username

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11 Pro, PCOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1, Windows 10My Question or IssueWhat is the point of having a Display Name if it's not being used in place of the unchangeable random string of characters that is a usern...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 Pro, PC Operating System iOS 13.5.1, Windows 10 My Question or Issue What is the point of having a Display Name if it's not being used in ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I updated my Avatar Image via the Spotify Artist App on my phone.If I log in via the PC it shows me the new Avatar Image, but just through the Spotify Artist section. If I look up my Account through the regular Spotify App it hasn't updatet anythingW...

• Visitor
  • I updated my Avatar Image via the Spotify Artist App on my phone. If I log in via the PC it shows me the new Avatar Image, but just through the Spotify Artist section. If I look up my Account throug...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify Has Been Compromised

I was out at work yesterday and i stopped by an under armor shoe store and popped my airpods in, all of a sudden my music starts skipping without my doing anything, i thought nothing of it and restarted my spotify. it kept happening so i was like uhh...

• Visitor
  • I was out at work yesterday and i stopped by an under armor shoe store and popped my airpods in, all of a sudden my music starts skipping without my doing anything, i thought nothing of it and restar...
  • YulTheWizard
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dead person’s account

who owns the account of someone who passed away? 

• Composer
  • who owns the account of someone who passed away? 
  • YulTheWizard
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Account problems

Hey so around late 2018 I wasn’t able to log into my account with a different email address so I just created another one with a different email address than the one before and just followed my playlists from the other one. But recently, Spotify has ...

• Visitor
  • Hey so around late 2018 I wasn’t able to log into my account with a different email address so I just created another one with a different email address than the one before and just followed my playl...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My account doesn't show up when you search for it

When I search for my account using either my username or my profile name it doesn't come up. I've asked friends to search for me and I've also searched on my other Spotify Premium account and I can't find this account. It is for a company that I work...

• Casual Listener
  • When I search for my account using either my username or my profile name it doesn't come up. I've asked friends to search for me and I've also searched on my other Spotify Premium account and I can't...
  • YulTheWizard
  • Composer
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log in on iphone using facebook

Plan: Free (considering getting premium)Country: RussiaDevice: iPhone 6 plus My Question or IssueWhen I try to log in on my iphone using facebook, it tells me "Login failed. You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days. Update your location at Spotify...

• Regular
  • Plan: Free (considering getting premium) Country: Russia Device: iPhone 6 plus   My Question or Issue When I try to log in on my iphone using facebook, it tells me "Login failed. ...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorry we couldn't find friends to follow...

Hello I am having this issue for like 4 years now and I still haven't find solution. I allowed Spotify to use my facebook data and I updated the settings through facebook. I reinstalled the app several times and tried it on several laptops. What both...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I am having this issue for like 4 years now and I still haven't find solution. I allowed Spotify to use my facebook data and I updated the settings through facebook. I reinst...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't recover account as Facebook email has not been updated to Spotify

I have a Facebook created login credentials and I've changed my primary email in Facebook 6 months ago. This updated email has not propagated to Spotify credentials thus causing a headache (can't login, can't recover). Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Facebook created login credentials and I've changed my primary email in Facebook 6 months ago. This updated email has not propagated to Spotify credentials thus causing a headache (can't log...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium Duo and Changing Country

Hello,I lived in Austria and my account was created in Austria with an Austrian address. Now I moved to Slovakia and I wanted to change the country because I also changed my package to Premium Duo so that my husband can use it as well. I changed the ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I lived in Austria and my account was created in Austria with an Austrian address. Now I moved to Slovakia and I wanted to change the country because I also changed my package to Premium Duo ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

unknown people logging in

Over the past few weeks I've had various people log into my account from America and Russian. They’ve added music onto my playlists and have changed things on my account. Spotify had emailed me to tel me that someone had logged into my account more t...

• Casual Listener
  • Over the past few weeks I've had various people log into my account from America and Russian. They’ve added music onto my playlists and have changed things on my account. Spotify had emailed me to te...
  • YulTheWizard
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

change birthday

hii, soo I just disconnected my fb from Spotify and I cant change my birthday, what do I do?

• Casual Listener
  • hii, soo I just disconnected my fb from Spotify and I cant change my birthday, what do I do?
  • YulTheWizard
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Created account doesn't exist

PlanFree CountrySlovenia Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello there!I'm trying to make my dad a Spotify account but when I do it says that the email is already used for an account, but whenever I try to do the "lost password" method i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free   Country Slovenia   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello there! I'm trying to make my dad a Spotify account but when I do it says that the e...
  • YulTheWizard
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I view my account history and activate my subscription?

Hello, I'm on the French version, I subscribed to the premium service and yet the offer is still available to me. I can't access the history even though I have a "premium" subscription.Here is a screenshot.How do I do it?

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I'm on the French version, I subscribed to the premium service and yet the offer is still available to me. I can't access the history even though I have a "premium" subscription. Her...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change email after disconnecting facebook account

Dear Community! I tried to change my account e-mail after disconnecting my facebook account, however it seems that that option is still greyed out. How to change my e-mail address in this case? Thanks in advance!

• Visitor
  • Dear Community!   I tried to change my account e-mail after disconnecting my facebook account, however it seems that that option is still greyed out. How to change my e-mail address in this ca...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution CONNEXION COMPTE PREMIUM AVEC FACEBOOK IMPOSSIBLE

Bonjour, Depuis au moins deux jours, impossible de me connecter avec mon compte premium créer via FACEBOOK. C'est la première fois que je rencontre un problème avec SPOTIFY.J'ai déjà consulté les aides suivantes sans succès : https://support.spotify....

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour,   Depuis au moins deux jours, impossible de me connecter avec mon compte premium créer via FACEBOOK. C'est la première fois que je rencontre un problème avec SPOTIFY. J'ai déjà consu...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes