Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't change country

Solved!

can't change country

I'm still having trouble changing "country".  I've had some email exchange with support, ref  # 00533954

but I'm having difficulties taking your advice.

This is the problem:  I am resident in France, and registered (I had to) with Spotify via Facebook.  Now I want to upgrade to Premium but my credit cards are all registered in the UK.  So is the card that my Paypal account uses.   The advice I received was "change country to UK".  But how do I do this......

1.  When I try to edit the country in Spotify, it sends me  to my Facebook basic information page.  BUT!  This page doesn't have a "country" field in it. 

2.  I looked on Facebook to see what Spotify might be accessing to get my country.  I don't know for sure, but is it the Facebook field for "current location" - this specifies a CITY + a COUNTRY.  I tried changing this to London, UK, but when I looked back at Spotify it still said "france".  So that didn't seem to work.

3.  In your own (Spotfiy) app, in the note given under "changing country", it says that Spotify won't let you change to a country different from your current IP address (which is in france).

Can someone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, your IP has to geolocate to the country you are trying to set it too.

The easiest way to change it would be to find a UK proxy that you could use.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes, your IP has to geolocate to the country you are trying to set it too.

The easiest way to change it would be to find a UK proxy that you could use.

thanks LiamW,  that seems to have worked.  I logged out of Spotfiy, fired up a proxy software, logged back into Spotify, and then it accepted my card.

I live in Porttugal but now im on Slovenia, and the spotify stoped working. I cant change also the country Portugal to Slovenia, here on the profile on the spotify web I dont know why. What is this of proxy ? I dont know how it words....and what should I do.......

For me is the same and then to pay for the premiun isn´t problem and now I´m in the situation I haven´t Spotify and I have been pay..... 😕 not comments, so finally its a bussiness fake!!! They are thieves....

Hey guys,
can anybody tell me why spotify don't let me register because it thinks i'm in a different country, but I've always used Spotify in germany!
Does somebody has a clue what I could do?

@vicclain

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? In it, it shows your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@nicole_ce123

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address.

Check your IP address here and see what country does show.

osorniosSpotify Star

@osornios

thx for your help
I've checked out what country is shown, but it's also germany that's kind of weird...

@nicole_ce123

Have you tried changing your country setting in your profile page yet?

Is Germany available?

osorniosSpotify Star

Yeah I already tried,Germany is the only option there...it doesn't propose me any other country...

@nicole_ce123

So your IP address shows Germany, your country in profile is Germany, and still you can't listen?

osorniosSpotify Star

@nicole_ce123

Try to renew your IP-address by following tutorial below.

http://www.tp-link.us/faq-96.html

...yeah that's so weird, I really don't get why it doesn't work!

@nicole_ce123

Get in touch with customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from a no-reply address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Okay thank you 

Please let me know how it goes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I will 😉

I can't change my country at all, I don't know why.

Hey,

I'm not sure wether I can help you but I can tell you what was wrong when I had a related problem 😉

I didn't know that I had VPN installed in my Iphone, so I just had to delete it and everything somehow worked again 🙂

Maybe this helps you solving your problem, if not you better ask other people who are more into the subject matter or the guys from spotify 

Good luck 

Nicole 🙂

Suggested posts