Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

changing premium account to students account

changing premium account to students account

HELP ! i have a spotify premium account but I've recently become a student.

I have an NUS card but how can I apply the student discount to my existing account ?

72 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

NUS is great isn't it! 😄

Just go to https://www.spotify.com/uk/nus/ and then press the massive "Sign up" button, it will take you to a page where you can select "Already have a Spotify account? Click here to log in", then just sign in using your premium account details, enter your NUS card number and Date of Birth and your discounted subscription will be applied from your next payment date.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks for that - it appears to be suffering 'technical problems' but i'll keep trying

thanks again.

Silly computers must be acting up! 

Give it 24 hours, if it doesn't decide to work just post back here 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hello!!

I am about to activate the student discount on my already existing premium account. However, when I follow the steps for the activation I am directed to unsubscribe. This is what it appears :
"To be able to apply for the student discount you need to cancel you current subscription first, please visit yoursubscription page do this." 

Is that the regular procedure or I do sth wrong? And if its correct, I am not gonna lose the remainder of the month that is already paid?

Thanks,

Pavlos

@Pavlos wrote:

Hello!!

I am about to activate the student discount on my already existing premium account. However, when I follow the steps for the activation I am directed to unsubscribe. This is what it appears :
"To be able to apply for the student discount you need to cancel you current subscription first, please visit yoursubscription page do this." 

Is that the regular procedure or I do sth wrong? And if its correct, I am not gonna lose the remainder of the month that is already paid?

Thanks,

Pavlos

I've just checked your account and the NUS discount seems to be on there okay. Your next payment (~28th May) should be at the £4.99 rate and then you'll have an extra fiver a month to spend on noodles and beer. 😉

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi- I've just upgraded from Unlimited to Premium wishing to use my nus extra card. It told me to upgrade first then apply discount. I'm being told to cancel my subscription- wilol I lose my playlists cancelling one account to open another with discount applied?current status says I will be billed £9.99.

Thanks for any advice.

@Wrighty wrote:

Hi- I've just upgraded from Unlimited to Premium wishing to use my nus extra card. It told me to upgrade first then apply discount. I'm being told to cancel my subscription- wilol I lose my playlists cancelling one account to open another with discount applied?current status says I will be billed £9.99.

Thanks for any advice.

If you change accounts and therefore usernames then yes you will loose playlists unless you manually copy them over or get the Spotify team involved to do it for you. 

However that shouldn't be neccessary, if you now have a rolling monthly premium subscription set up, you should now be able to apply your NUS discount to the next 12 payments. 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I am currently in a free trial and want to continue with my nus number, however, I have just tried this and it appears I have to cancel my account, happy to do this but the full 9.99 has already been taken a day early and I have been charged for a full month....please help. Thanks

How do we apply the nus discount to my existing account then please?

@Gstro wrote:
How do we apply the nus discount to my existing account then please?

You can that from https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/nus/

Just make sure you log in with your existing account rather than creating a new one. 

Peter

Peter

Sorry but that link doesn't work.....

Error 404 - Not found
Sorry, but the page you requested does not exist.

Try again: https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/nus/

Copied from notepad added a few strange characters at the end!

Peter

Peter

Hi, sorry but this doesn't work, it just says
To be able to apply for the student discount you need to cancel you current subscription first, please visit your subscription page do this.

I don't want to ca novel it i want to a add my nus number to get the discount and it won't let me, it will only let me cancel and start again...

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Ah, it mustn't be liking the fact you are on a premium trial although I thought it wouldn't have made a difference!

Not to worry, if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get it sorted out for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks I've already done that but it doesn't think I'm on a trial as I said earlier I was on a trial and now I've paid 9.99 when I thought the trial ended today....

The customer service team will be able to get it all sorted for you! 🙂

Peter

Peter

Hello!! I have a spotify premium account but I've recently become a student and I would like to use my NUS card for the 50% discount on Spotify premium! The thing is that when I try to fill in my card number and date of birth there seems to be a problem because an error message appears and says "Invalid date of Birth"

Can somebody help please? 

Thank you 🙂

@Jasekats - Does your DOB you are entering match your DOB on your Spotify Profile, on your NUS card and your Facebook if your account is created via Facebook? 

Peter

Peter

Yes the DOB matches with everything!! 

Suggested posts