Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

errors while trying to log in through facebook

errors while trying to log in through facebook

I am writing from my sons account.  The system will not let me log in to even post on the forum.

I have been trying to log in with my facebook account and it gives me an error "an error has occured while processing your login"

When I log in it pulls up my name and then and says the error.  

I have emailed support 3 days ago but with no response.  I would really like some help.

I am a premium user and had a paypal issue 3 weeks ago and fixed that and my Spotify was turned back on.  Now this. I dont understand why it acknowledges my facebook, then wont let me log in.  Of course I have access to my sons email (any father should) So I can be reached through there to give my real email if needed or post here if I get a response and that is what is required.

Thanks

xwillfx

38 Replies

I had this issue a couple of times as well.  I think Facebook is having some issues with their authentication systems. What worked for me was to completely log out of Facebook, and then re-log in.  Once I did that, I was able to log into Spotify again, and everything worked normally.  Can you try doing that, and see what happens?

Yes I have tried that.  logging in, logging out. Changing passwords.  Broken...

I also can not log in on my iphone either.

xwillfx

Well, that's no good!  I'm not sure what the issue might be in that case.  We may have been having different issues.  Hopefully someone at Spotify can help you out there, maybe it's just a problem with your Spotify account.  It might be helpful to also contact Spotify directly about this issue - you can do that by clicking the "About Us" link at the top of this page, and then selecting "Contact Form."  They might be able to get your account straghtened out.

Good luck!

Thanks for trying jvanderb.  yeah the Contact form is what I sent in 3 days ago.  I do appreciate your help!!  Hopefully it gets solved soon.

xwillfx@hotmail.com

Dravinskate - Do you have a case number at hand at all? I think we'll probably need to sort this via email. We'll need security info, which isn't best posted on here.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Don't worry about the case number, just found it. This looks a little complex. My colleague has just sent it off to a specific team to look at. They'll get back to you as soon as there is any news.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks Sam!!

Hi Spotify team.

i can not log into my Spotify áccount anymore - not in the browser, not in the app, not in the software. I used to login via Facebook.

To Facebook it is still possible to login. I tried to solve the problem by changing the Facebook passwort - no success.

Please help me - A life without Spotify is so boring 😉 THANKS in advance, Jens

@jenweb wrote:

Hi Spotify team.

i can not log into my Spotify áccount anymore - not in the browser, not in the app, not in the software. I used to login via Facebook.

To Facebook it is still possible to login. I tried to solve the problem by changing the Facebook passwort - no success.

Please help me - A life without Spotify is so boring 😉 THANKS in advance, Jens

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What error message are you getting?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Error 410

Do you have any additional security features enabled on Facebook such as login approvals or two step authentication?

Peter

Peter

Hi and thanks for the Answer!
I get the Message that I could not get loggef in and that maybe my Password is wrong. But it is right!

Hi jenweb - Your case is a bit unique. It's best if we go over the details via email rather than the forums. Please head over to our contact form so we can keep chatting. 

Hi Meredith,

I already contacted the Support Team some days ago - no answer.... 😞

My life without SPOTIFY for such a long time is pure horror.

That's why i tried to find help here in the forum....

Thanks in advance for any help

jenweb

Hi jenweb - The first case we have regarding this came from you about 10 minutes ago. 

A member of our CS team will get back to you soon!

Thank you, Meredith, for your answer!
My first try to contact you was on tuesday. But now I'm looking forward to read from the support team soon.

I still got no mail from the support team - how long does it take normaly to get one?

Sorry, I am a bit impatient -  i have a premoum account - so paying for music I can't use is hard AND: live without spotify is so boring 🙂

Most cases are answered within 24 hours, however since it is the weekend it might take a little longer. They aim to answer all queries within 48 hours so hang tight, someone will get back to you soon. 

Peter

Peter

I am not able to access my acct via my Android Spotify app. I am receiving the message that's the following webpage can not be found: fbconnect://success#access_token=CAAAAKLSe4lIBABf4fI313HNVWSaoi4GQugwyuZBHIM4yaEnVIWeRIG35QAB778wZBd2eFc2k7HijjQhIjC9mef70SpDxUiBWlvcl6QalilGLZCLbPM0LgljeDyCQj6Wq5XW7WvL58I4419WsgxG7EObi16gDeMWKRd6KOAj6QZDZD&expires_in=0. Now I can log in via the internet but then I don't know how to access my music. Please help. Thanks.

truthful

Suggested posts