Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

facebook connection + activity

facebook connection + activity

Hello dear forum.

I can not connect with my facebook Profile via  the Destkop App. Once i want to connect through my facebook profile a error appears and says "Unfortunately, this feature is currently unavailable: When processing this request was an error. Please try again later".

On my iPhone, however, I can link to my Facebook Profile easily. And also my last spotify activity don't show up on my facebook chronicle or my activity protocol. Sorry for my bad english but I hope that you can help me. Thanks a lot

3 Replies

Hey @1150168565! Welcome to the community ^^

That sounds not nice.

Do you've tried to reinstall your client ? This solved the issue for me too. ^^

Here's a tutorial for a clean reinstallation.

I hope it will help you. ^^

Peace

Hey
thank you for your help.
It helped me a lot and now I can use spotify via my tablet again :). But the main problem, that my spotify account isn't however connected with my facebook profile, still exists. Although I use only my facebook profile to hear spotify music.
When I want to search my facebook friends on spotify it says "None of your friends is using spotify" and also the news feed isn't showing up.
This problem is only on my desktop app.. On my phone i can run all features and can find my friends.
What else can I do? I tried to reconnect through my facebook profile for many times...
Thanks for your help 🙂

UPDATE!

I have found a solution, but it is a very tedious and somewhat annoying one. I found it here:

http://mikedixson.com/2014/11/solved-spotify-desktop-client-communication-failed/

It says:

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security&view
  2. On the line App Passwords click Edit
  3. Click the Generate App Passwords link
  4. Click the Generate App Passwords button
  5. Enter a friendly name for what this is for i.e. Spotify
  6. Click Generate Password
  7. Copy the password in the normal spotify logon password box.
  8. enter your FB email address as the username.

The problem is on Facebook's end, not Spotify's -- at least for me. I spent all day communicating with the Spotify support team and we couldn't figure it out.

/END UPDATE

Hello Spotify community,

I'm also having this problem. A clean installation did not fix it. I can't log into the desktop application using my facebook account and can't even log onto the web player. However, the Android app worked perfectly fine (although for some reason I was logged out...)

Maybe a month ago, someone tried hacking into my FB account, but they were automatically blocked before gaining access. Wondering if this could be the problem?

When trying to log into it with FB I get, "Sorry, this feature isn't available right now: An error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later."

And in the actual desktop application, it said my session was terminated.

I greatly appreciate any help! 🙂

-Running Windows 8.1, tried both Chrome and Firefox

Suggested posts