Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

higher costs per month for spotify premium via app store

higher costs per month for spotify premium via app store

I became a premium member via the apple app store. Why is this item more expensive than when you order this directly via Spotify? Fee per month should only be euro 9.99 instead of euro 12.99! Will the next months also be more expensive than the 9.99?

5 Replies

Yes, the in app billing price is 12.99. The reason being, you are being billed via the App Store billing, of which Apple take a 30% cut. The price of Spotify via in app purchase is therefore 30% higher to cover this additional cost. 

You are free to switch to rolling credit/debit card billing at 9.99 at any time. You should be able to do it from your online profile (although you may need to cancel first then resubscribe).

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks! I've looked all over for pricing details, and couldn't find anything about it.

Can I still use the app if I pay directly through Spotify?

@__spo___Pens yes you can
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is outrageous. Apple shouldn't be able to do stuff like that. You don't even get the chance to subscribe for spotify via a mobile apple device without billing it via apple. So i thought this was a new price by spotify. Luckily i found this post. Thanks mate.

Suggested posts