Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

problems paying through PayPal

Solved!

problems paying through PayPal

I Have a premium subscription and chose to pay with my paypal account.

Spotify tried to take a payment on the 7th and it was authorised by paypal. The transaction said 'on hold'

Spotify tried again today and it was authorised and again says 'on hold'

Spotify keep notifying me the payment has failed.

There are more than adequate funds in the paypal account.

I called paypal and they told me that the funds are authorised for spotify to collect, but you are not collecting them.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Flyer5 @Istarish

This is a known issue at the moment.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hello.

I've exactly the same problem as Flyer5. To make things worse, I authorised the PayPal payment again and Spotify already consumed the monthly fee twice... 😞
Marked as solution

Hey @Flyer5 @Istarish

This is a known issue at the moment.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same problem to me. 

Theres no way to comunitcate with Spotify in a direct way to solve this?

Thanks for very quick reply @MattSuda! I contacted the Spotify Support yesterday in my mother language (which is Polish) and I'm still waiting for the response.

You're welcome.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same problem here ... Paypal send a confirmation that payment is authorized. But Spotify account still says "Payment failed".

Same for me, now waiting for an answer from spotify.

Same here (Germany), Spotify tried to take the money twice, second time (today) it also took away 9,99 € for the monthly payment from money I transferred to my PayPal-Account, but still the payment seems to have failed since I received another mail about this. I called PayPal today and they told me that there are several technical issues for payments to Spotify via PayPal. The technical supports of both PayPal and Spotify are working on this together. Until that, I can do nothing but to wait. That's what they told me -_-

So it seems that i have same problem, spotify send email that my payment failed, but paypal and on my bank account it says money were send. Should i just wait now, because i dont want to be charged twice ...

UPDATE: I contacted the Spotify Support, they asked me to send them my Transaction ID from PayPal, which I just did. They also confirmed about the issues they have with PayPal at the moment.

Yes i did the same thing, they were able to confirm that no payment was received and that it is probably stuck on paypal side. I have contacted support on paypal and waiting for answer. I have renewed my subscription to spotify and new payment came thru.

Suggested posts