Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Sorry, you cannot sign up for a student discount while being on Premium."

"Sorry, you cannot sign up for a student discount while being on Premium."

Today I was charged the full price for a subscription after a 3-month trial. I'm fine with that, as I forgot about it altogether, but I want to use the student discount from now on to continue to have premium service. When I follow the instructions in the Help section, I get this message: "Sorry, you cannot sign up for a student discount while being on Premium." This doesn't make sense as one of the FAQs says you can still get the student discount even if you already have premium...

I've cancelled my subscription to see if I could get premium with the student discount after, but that didn't do anything. I don't want to delete my account and make another.

6 Replies

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same exact issue.

I am currently on a free trial but have premium already.

I tried to upgrade to student and it said "Sorry, you cannot sign up for a student discount while being on Premium."

I contacted technical support and received an automated response asking me to check the internet.

I have replied but have heard nothing back.

Do I need to cancel my account in order to get the student price?  I am concerned I will not hear back from technical support!

Also, whenever I open up my radio stations I notice the same songs seem to always come up as the first 3 or 4 songs.  What is up with that and how can I stop it?  I don't want to hear the same songs everytime.

Thanks,

Jesse

I'm having the same issue... Have you heard back yet??

I have-

they have offered me an additional free month while the "kinks get worked out" or they will help me to create another username

oh that's great! 
They sent me an email earlier saying to try using a different browser or an incognito window but neither worked... Do you (or anyone else) know whether I can email them back at the support@spotify address or whether I need to fill in another form thing??) 

If you don't mind me asking, how did you reach this solution?

Thanks!

ooh, I got that email too now... just waiting for them to reply :[ 

Suggested posts