Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This track is not available. Why? I do have premium account.

"This track is not available. Why? I do have premium account.

From one day to another, many of the songs on my latest playbill disappeared on my mobile. When I log on to spotify on my computer the songs are grey and when I try the play them Spotify says "This track is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

I do have a premium account so what can be the problem?

34 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There is an FAQ here which explains the reasons why this might happen. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks! But I can find, play and add the songs to my playlist again on my iphone but not at my computer.

Hmm that is strange!

Do you have them synced as offline tracks on your iPhone?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the exact same problem! I really hope someone can help - it´s driving me crazy!

Me too.... I can play all songs and playlists on my phone or web, but can't play anything on my computer. All I get is the message : This track in not avaliable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. And all this happened after I updated Spotify on my PC. 

Hey SPOTIFY, sit down and fix that, it's very annoing, we need to use Google play music now...?!

Same here. Everything works fine on ipod but on my pc nothing

Yesterday, spotify started playing songs on the PC. I don't know how , but it just did. Today I get the same error : This track is not avaliable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it... This is so so so annoying ! Why did I pay for premium account ? Please fix this. As you can see I'm not the only one with this problem. 

- Reinstall doesn't telp. 

- All this happened after I updated spotify about 6 days ago. I updated spotify on my PC at work and it stopped playing. Spofity at home PC works just fine , but it's not updated. So I thing it may have something to do with the last update....

Same thing here.  I just updated it, and I have tried reinstalling to no avail.  Web and phone player work just fine but I get the same message on my desktop pc with songs that are definitely available: "Down in the DM" for example.  Currently running Windows 7 professional and I have an HP ProBook with an i5

Hello again. I tried to downgrade the version of Spotify and it seems to fix the problem. I went to http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/24196/ and downloaded the previous version which is 1.0.20.101. 

So I think the problem was in the last update which is 1.0.21.143. So uninstall it and then install version 1.0.20.101. I hope this will help you as well. 

I have the same issue, anyone know if they will fix it?

im just using spotify in browser until they fix it.

>The track is not available. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it

I uninstalled Spotify with Revo Uninstaller, and reinstalled, but it still didn’t work.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Spotify premium that I tested recently.

Thanks for the web player suggestion; I’ll use that for now.

I had the same issue with the desktop app. It resolved itself when I changed the following setting: Edit>Preferences>Show advanced settings>Allow Spotify to be opened from the web (off).

All tracks are available in the app now, but if i play a track from the browser it still opens in the app.

I think Spofity team has fixed the problem. Everything is back to normal by me. I can play all the songs and I'm having the last update. 

I'm still having the same issue, even with the latest version of Spotify (1.0.23.90.g42187855)

I am still enountering this exact problem. It is not fixed yet and I'd like it fixed a.s.a.p. I'm not paying for Premium just to have it sit there doing nothing SPOTIFY!

ss (2016-02-23 at 10.35.53).png

The problem went away, then came back.

I'll go back to https://play.spotify.com/radio.

This helped !!! yay thank for saving my music haha

-Breannah 

Suggested posts